Cargo storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo storage

I am putting a sliding cargo tray in the basement of my 2020 303rls reflection. Does anyone know how much clearance is under the flooring? Also I was going to use some self taping metal screws to go through the inside lip of the I beam frame. Any wiring or plumbing close to the I beam? Thank you Rusty

Rusty - When GDRV builds their RVs, they typially start with the frame upside down and loosely run the wiring along the frame members. Then the coroplast covering is installed and the chassis is flipped over. Once this is done, the wiring drops with gravity and most of it resides quite a way below the floor. BUT, that does not mean that there are wires or pipes that may be near the flooring. To be 100% sure you're not going to damage anything, I think it would be advisable to drop the coroplast at the front end of the RV and physically check for any potential problem areas. As long as you're just dropping a few feet of coroplast, it should be relatively easy to put it back in place.

No two coaches will be built exactly the same way. There is a lot of variability in how wires and pipes are run depending on the factory assembler. Their primary focus is to run a wire from point A to point B and they have some discretion on how this is accomplished. In addition, features can change on a weekly basis. So there may not be a wire on one model, but a week later there is.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
      I am putting a sliding cargo tray in the basement of my 2020 303rls reflection. Does anyone know how much clearance is under the flooring? Also I was going to use some self taping metal screws to go through the inside lip of the I beam frame. Any wiring or plumbing close to the I beam? Thank you Rusty
      I had this debate, and came to the same conclusion as you. Cate&Rob posted a picture in my thread from the side of the floor when he pulled the trim down:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...-through-floor

I believe the tanks are right on the other side of the plywood, so for those fasteners you will want to not penetrate the plywood on the back side.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you, Rusty

Comment

Working...
        X