Upgrade Stereo/Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Exploring all options. A replacement would be my preference and cleaner. I am thinking of talking to a local car audio shop. Replace outside speakers too. Those are pretty lame too.
    I looked at a bunch of car stereo options, but finding something with two zones was always the trick.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

If you're still looking, look at Marine Radio's. (The ones that go on boats)

My last camper I was going to replace the radio, but I bought a new camper instead, isn't that how you are supposed to do it?

I found Marine Radio's much more prevalent, and seemed to have better build quality.
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

I have 22MLE with the Jensen JWM 41 and during my demo, I swear the tv was playing sound through the stereo system. I tried to do this for the first time yesterday and I have no idea why the tv won’t play through the speakers. I’ve checked connectivity with the wires and it seems I’ve tried every option and I just can’t seem to get the tv to play through the speakers. Any help would be appreciated! Than you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Van W View Post
          I have 22MLE with the Jensen JWM 41 and during my demo, I swear the tv was playing sound through the stereo system. I tried to do this for the first time yesterday and I have no idea why the tv won’t play through the speakers. I’ve checked connectivity with the wires and it seems I’ve tried every option and I just can’t seem to get the tv to play through the speakers. Any help would be appreciated! Than you in advance
          It will play through the speaker system when you play a dvd disc or a cd of course. The video signal is carried to the TV.
          Robert and Chris
          2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
          2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Van W View Post
            Also, since you have looked, I'll assume there are RCA audio jacks on the TV. I do know there is an HDMI port but that isn't available on the Jenson. If there are the jacks (audio out), it would appear that you could then use the "audio in" jacks on the head unit. Basically the TV becomes a portable unit. You would need to set the TV up to use those jacks rather than the speakers. Have you tried that?
            Robert and Chris
            2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
            2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Bob View Post

Also, since you have looked, I'll assume there are RCA audio jacks on the TV. I do know there is an HDMI port but that isn't available on the Jenson. If there are the jacks (audio out), it would appear that you could then use the "audio in" jacks on the head unit. Basically the TV becomes a portable unit. You would need to set the TV up to use those jacks rather than the speakers. Have you tried that?
              I looked at my Jenson unit other night. There are RCA AUX IN jacks on the back. There is also a 3 mm AUX IN jack on the front bottom right corner of the head unit.

​My TCL television has a 3 mm headphone/audio out. No RCA jacks.

To get television audio through my speakers I could either go with a 3 mm male/male audio cable and connect from the television audio out (headphone) to the Jensen AUX IN on the front of the unit. Or I could us the same 3 mm audio cable and add a 3mm to RCA male adapter to plug into the back of the Jensen unit.

I would also recommend looking at a marine unit as an upgrade. If you can't find a zone A and B you could get a unit with front and rear (fade) and connect the outdoor and indoor speakers accordingly. This would also allow you to blend. So you could have a different volume inside and outside. Right now if you turn in zone A and B at the same time they are both at the same volume. Which may be too loud or to low for one zone or the other.
              Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
              X