2021 GDRV 22RBE Imagine Interior falling apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 GDRV 22RBE Imagine Interior falling apart

We purchased a new 2021 GD Imagine 3 weeks ago. When we starting loading the trailer for our cross country trip half of the LED ceiling lights went dim. The dealer was too busy to fix before the trip, 3 week wait time for service. As we began traveling from Calif to Virginia the trailer literally starting falling apart. The city water/tank connector leaked severely and tripped the GFI. Had to wait a day for things to dry out. The water port is completely unusable. The bathroom drawer fell apart, the kitchen sink dropped away from the countertop rendering the sink useless.The black trim piece of the fridge fell off making it possible for the whole door panel to fall off while we were traveling. We limped across country and arrived in Chesapeake Virginia. Called GD customer service and they referred me to a local dealer. I called and told them my story and unfortunately the person who schedules service was off today. Is this what I can expect for quality and service from GD?

GDRV-Megan and/or GDRV-Emily -- this is one I believe could use your intervention. Can you please reach out to this new owner?

Danno , I see the VIN in your profile so that's good--GD will need that. If you have the case # and individual that you spoke to in Customer Service that will help, too. Don't post the info here but be ready to supply it when Megan or Emily responds. (They will likely want to communicate by Private Message after the initial response here.)

In direct response to your last question: no, your case is not normal. These trailers are not perfect, but the number of initial problems is unusual.

If you'd like to try and fix a few things yourself, please document them one issue at a time in the applicable channel here on the forum and there will be someone who will know what to do.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That is very unfortunate. If you keep running into road-blocks, call GDRV customer service back and ask them to approve a mobile technician to come to you. You might have to pay the initial service call (usally around $50 bucks), but it sure beats the hassle of dealing with the dealerships.

You are experiencing quite a few issues. A few are to be expected. But you've already had more than makes me comfortable. The good thing is once these initial bugs are take care of, the rigs become pretty reliable after that.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Danno

WE apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. We recommend contacting our support team first thing tomorrow (they are EDT) as they open at 8am. Please be prepared with your VIN so that they can properly document the concerns. If you let us know what name the unit is registered under, we can start that process by creating a case. Unfortunately, with the Forum, it is difficult to grab a name or VIN from the profiles.

574-825-9679 is the phone #, and again, if you can get us the name or VIN, we can try to speed up that process for you.

GDRV-Megan

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
          We purchased a new 2021 GD Imagine 3 weeks ago. When we starting loading the trailer for our cross country trip half of the LED ceiling lights went dim. The dealer was too busy to fix before the trip, 3 week wait time for service. As we began traveling from Calif to Virginia the trailer literally starting falling apart. The city water/tank connector leaked severely and tripped the GFI. Had to wait a day for things to dry out. The water port is completely unusable. The bathroom drawer fell apart, the kitchen sink dropped away from the countertop rendering the sink useless.The black trim piece of the fridge fell off making it possible for the whole door panel to fall off while we were traveling. We limped across country and arrived in Chesapeake Virginia. Called GD customer service and they referred me to a local dealer. I called and told them my story and unfortunately the person who schedules service was off today. Is this what I can expect for quality and service from GD?
          Any updates on this? Just curious to see how they have responded. I'm still waiting for reply from them on a fridge issue. I know they read my email (read receipts are a good thing) but still waiting for reply.
          Bob P.
          2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
          2020 337RLS
          VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Danno, Sorry for all the problems you are having. We got our 2021 22RBE July 4, 2020. We have been on 4 trip with no major failures. I did add the Go-Power solar panels (570 Watts) and 2 Battle Borne ( 100 AH) batteries. I will be adding the 3000 watt inverter in a week or so. I also replaced the two 20 gal with 30 gal LP tanks.
            I'm pulling it with a 2020 GMC 2500HD 4WD Denali. I added the rear camera on the trailer last week (GM transparent camera feature) and will calibrate it this weekend. Lots of truck, but when my wife is driving she doesn't want to slow down. The trailer dealership is 2 miles away and provides very good service.

Comment

Working...
            X