2020 390RK front storage leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 390RK front storage leak

Has anyone experienced the from pass through storage compartment leaking when it’s raining? Both side leak but the side with Dutch doors by the water panel leaks really bad. When I opens the doors there was standing water all over the floor. I was shocked. There was no water supply turned in so it’s not a pipe leak. Any recommendations on how to reseal the opening?

Welcome! I haven't had an issue with ours, but I think finding the leak would be the first step. Climb in and have somebody spray the door starting at the bottom and see if you can locate the leak. Then move up and if nothing shows up, increase the intensity again starting at the bottom.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodesfamily View Post
      Has anyone experienced the from pass through storage compartment leaking when it’s raining? Both side leak but the side with Dutch doors by the water panel leaks really bad. When I opens the doors there was standing water all over the floor. I was shocked. There was no water supply turned in so it’s not a pipe leak. Any recommendations on how to reseal the opening?
      This may or may not help.

On my 315RLTS' pass through doors the trim piece that is attached to the trailer is secured to the trailer with screws. The screws on my frame were driven through the metal trim, creating a small gap that allowed water that pooled on top of the trim to drip through to the trailer. I removed and then reinstalled the screws sealing with silicone. (See pic below.)

The frame around the storage door under the bed was even worse--the hole for the frame was not cut correctly in the slide so the frame wasn't secured to anything on the bottom (there was a large gap). In that case I had to add wood so the screws had something to bite into (along with adding silicone).

Again, these may not be causing your issue but things to check.

Click image for larger version

Name:	silicone here.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	24612

Click image for larger version

Name:	gap.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	24613
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi there, hoping you found resolution to this? If so please share- we have a 2021 GD Reflection 295 RLS, literally just pulled it off the lot last week, brand new - set it up to camp, and there were heavy rains for 2 solid days..... and so a couple days in, water somehow collected on the lid of the tote we have sitting in the pass thru storage. Trying to find the leak, we opened up every faucet for about 20 mins, not a drop of water under there. So we're assuming it's rainwater, but where in the world could it be coming from? Please any advice is much appreciated, it's only a week old and we're nervous and frustrated!

Comment

al&chrissy , Did you see any evidence of water on the ceiling of the basement (bottom of the floor of the bathroom)? If there, this may help determine the source. Also, check the water lines and drain lines for the bathroom sink (I had a loose fitting on the P-trap). Other places to look would be the roof around the vent/fan and if there is a conduit provided for a satellite dish check the sealing around the cover plate on the roof. Hope this helps.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
          X