dinette conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinette conversion

We have a 2021 imagine 2500rl, we cannot get the cushions to fit for converting the table into a bed

Originally posted by Misterc View Post
    We have a 2021 imagine 2500rl, we cannot get the cushions to fit for converting the table into a bed
    Welcome to the Forum.

I am not sure I can help you but will try. This is for sure a puzzle but looking at the picture on the GD website it looks like the table folds down and you would remove the ottoman cushion and slide the seat cushions to the middle and drop the seat back cushions down. Just trying to visualize this with out having one.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian, we tried that, two problems the ottoman cushion does not come off the ottoman its on hinges, and when you put the two cushions together they are about 4 inches to wide. But thanks anyway

Comment

so how does this end? We have new Reflections and it is the same problem. They do not go together to make a layout that is not over lapped or that does not slide apart. When we visited our dealer with other issues showed them the problem but they could provide an answer. Looks like it is missing a filler piece. No response from dealer. Something about mixed body parts on farm animals seems appropriate when trying to work with dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Jnick View Post
          so how does this end? We have new Reflections and it is the same problem. They do not go together to make a layout that is not over lapped or that does not slide apart. When we visited our dealer with other issues showed them the problem but they could provide an answer. Looks like it is missing a filler piece. No response from dealer. Something about mixed body parts on farm animals seems appropriate when trying to work with dealer
          Can you please post pictures showing the problem? One in every configuration you can arrange (overlap and not fitting, ect). I'd like to then tag our host who can engage with LCI to get an answer.

Thanks (and welcome to the forum).

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for help. I’ll send some photos tomorrow

Comment

Sorry, longer than a day to get photos. I think best bet is to have furniture shop make the correct size piece

Comment

Could you please shed some light on this topic?

Correct orientation of the cushions to make the dinette into a bed is the issue.

Thanks

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Misterc View Post
                  Good morning! Do you have photos you could share of the dinette in the bed position with the cushions?

Comment

Sorry, longer than a day to get photos. I think best bet is to have furniture shop make the correct size piece
                    Good morning Nick! Have you attempted to remove the two cushions that are parallel to each other placed them in the middle with the cushion that is already there? From the photos, it looks as if they will correctly.

Comment

Jnick , just being nosy.

Have you tried this combo?

Leaving 1 and 4 where they are, and 2 and 3 on the table next to the ottoman. (Remove the back cushions, and just thrown them under the table for the moment)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-22 08_53_08-Clipboard.png
Views:	7665
Size:	857.2 KB
ID:	30451
                      Mike
                      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Brittany View Post

Good morning Nick! Have you attempted to remove the two cushions that are parallel to each other placed them in the middle with the cushion that is already there? From the photos, it looks as if they will correctly.
                        Good morning, Brittany,
                        Can you (please) post a video showing how to arrange these cushions? I don't understand the OP's reference to a "hinge", so watching it being done will help. (I searched YouTube but didn't find anything. I also checked LCI's support documentation and I couldn't find a reference there, either.)

Thanks!

Howard
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Good morning, Brittany,
                          Can you (please) post a video showing how to arrange these cushions? I don't understand the OP's reference to a "hinge", so watching it being done will help. (I searched YouTube but didn't find anything. I also checked LCI's support documentation and I couldn't find a reference there, either.)

Thanks!

Howard
                          Howard, per the hinge, see 6:04 on the video. (Hinge is on the ottoman, and he opens it at 6:12)

But Yes, a video, or a photo on how to arrange the cushions is probably best.

Mike
                          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

This video shows a cool table set up but it is not ours. The photos above it are from our dinette. We’ve tried every combination. The method you mentioned does not work. They overlap the top cushion making them in comfortable and they move around in the night.

i wish we were just being dense here but I’m afraid it just isn’t A well thought out design

I’ll make my own cushion to fill the gap correctly

Comment

This video shows a cool table set up but it is not ours. The photos above it are from our dinette. We’ve tried every combination. The method you mentioned does not work. They overlap the top cushion making them in comfortable and they move around in the night.

i wish we were just being dense here but I’m afraid it just isn’t A well thought out design

I’ll make my own cushion to fill the gap correctly
                              The cushion configuration has been designed so that the two cushions that are the backs to the seating running across the long slide out wall (bottom of the “u”) are the two cushions that fill the void on top of the table in the down position. Have you tried this configuration? Can you please provide a photo with the cushions in this setup?

Comment

Working...
                              X