water leak during heavy rain 3100rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak during heavy rain 3100rd

Water against wall from sink to bedroom. Under hot water tank and furnace. Second storm weeks later. First storm I caulked water tank were caulk missing at hinges.
    Last edited by cam50; 07-20-2020, 12:17 AM.

cam50
    Welcome to our owners technical forum!

Rain water leaks are usually around a slide. From your description and looking at the Imagine 3100RD floor plan, it does not appear that there is a slide in this area. Is it possible that the leak was just coincident with the rain and is actually from plumbing in the sink and water heater area? Another possibility is the skylight over the shower and coming down inside a wall. Check the caulking around all roof openings in this area.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by cam50 View Post
      Water against wall from sink to bedroom. Under hot water tank and furnace.
      I have the same problem with my 2020 Imagine 2450RL. Rain water enters the living area in the baseboard area where the wall meets the floor near the hot water tank. Water runs alongside the baseboard and pools on the bedroom floor. Also getting pooled water on the floor near the opposite wall of the bedroom as well. I searched high and low, re-caulked the hot water tank installation and new self leveling sealant around the shower skylight (water pooling there) with no improvement. Going to the dealership 20 July to diagnose and repair. Large picture window on back wall of unit collecting water on the inside pane sill as well. List of defects 2 pages long. Regretting my purchase.
      Moe & Donna
      2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Had similar issue with a water leak, that ran from the bathroom floor out into the hallway. After reading several of the posts, traced issue to the hinges on the door to hot water heater not being completely sealed purchased a tube of Flex Seal and filled in the gaps. Have had several heavy rains since and no more water on the floor, hopefully problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Kip Powrrs View Post
          Had similar issue with a water leak, that ran from the bathroom floor out into the hallway. After reading several of the posts, traced issue to the hinges on the door to hot water heater not being completely sealed purchased a tube of Flex Seal and filled in the gaps. Have had several heavy rains since and no more water on the floor, hopefully problem solved
          Thanks for the note on how you fixed your issue, Kip Powrrs, and welcome to the forum! There's a welcome letter I hope you'll take a few minutes to read as it provides a lot of helpful info on how to get the most from this forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X