Pull down brown shades, stuck in down position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull down brown shades, stuck in down position

I suspect I may have pulled my LR passenger side Brown window shade down too hard and/or too far. I’ve done this before and with enough lite to moderate “jiggling” and otherwise “fiddling” with it, eventually the roller spring (whatever it’s called) activated and rolled back up. Well I know what the future solution is “don’t pull so far down and/or hard” 😀 However, any suggestions on how to get it to rollback up now would be appreciated.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I suspect I may have pulled my LR passenger side Brown window shade down too hard and/or too far. I’ve done this before and with enough lite to moderate “jiggling” and otherwise “fiddling” with it, eventually the roller spring (whatever it’s called) activated and rolled back up. Well I know what the future solution is “don’t pull so far down and/or hard” 😀 However, any suggestions on how to get it to rollback up now would be appreciated.
    I would give GD customer service a call. Maybe they have a manual or diagram that might help. You also may still be under warrentee.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

I would give GD customer service a call. Maybe they have a manual or diagram that might help. You also may still be under warrentee.
      Wow, great idea. I never think of the logical stuff. Thanks!
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

I have a 2018 Reflection 337RLS and my daughter did that to the rear shade this weekend. I pulled off the valance over the shade and saw a wheel on the left side looking at the shade. The sprocket had "teeth" on the outside and I was easily able to turn it around till the shade went up about 5" then I did the pull and release and the shade rolled back up. Everything works well now. Next time I'll just look up for the toothed wheel and see if I can roll it back a little with a screwdriver. The hardest part was getting the valance back on. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by LovingLife View Post
          I have a 2018 Reflection 337RLS and my daughter did that to the rear shade this weekend. I pulled off the valance over the shade and saw a wheel on the left side looking at the shade. The sprocket had "teeth" on the outside and I was easily able to turn it around till the shade went up about 5" then I did the pull and release and the shade rolled back up. Everything works well now. Next time I'll just look up for the toothed wheel and see if I can roll it back a little with a screwdriver. The hardest part was getting the valance back on. Good Luck!
          Hey, thank you, I’ll give that a try.
          I was able to get a small flathead screwdriver on the teeth and do as you mentioned without removing the valance and it worked out great. Appreciate the tip!!
          Last edited by Schiefswret; 07-30-2020, 12:28 PM.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

This almost happened to me and Susan recently. We had to jiggle it a bunch and it finally released and went up. It was a valuable lesson on not pulling it down too far. I'll remember the wheel if it ever happens again and we can't get it to release.

Charles and Susan
            2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
            Andersen Hitch
            2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
              This almost happened to me and Susan recently. We had to jiggle it a bunch and it finally released and went up. It was a valuable lesson on not pulling it down too far. I'll remember the wheel if it ever happens again and we can't get it to release.

Good deal Charles. Maybe we’ll run into each other again sometime on the camping trail. 🚌👍🏻
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Pure brilliance! Thank you for the tip. It just worked flawlessly on a shade in my 2021 Imagine 2600RB.

Comment

So I may be from the old school where blinds were common. Reach up to the roll and roll it like it was being pulled down, the blind will back wind itself onto the roll. Keep letting go every 1/4 turn as at some point you will hit the magic spot where the toothed wheel is missing a tooth and the blind will retract on its own by unrolling the bankroll then rolling as expected.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

I remember getting bit by the roller tang as the spring unloaded in old school roller shades.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                      I remember getting bit by the roller tang as the spring unloaded in old school roller shades.
                      My finger tip hurts just thinking about this ! Yup, been there too decades ago and more than once !

Dan
                      Dan & Carol
                      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thank you soooooooo much ... this is my first ever post and I am a first time RV owner ... I think I'll be using this site a lot LOL ... the screw driver with the gear teeth was the perfect hack

Comment

For all concerned. This may be worth a watch. http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/su...-instructions/
                          Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
                          TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Back with the old school shades, if you can reach the tube, it will only twist in one direction as the teeth are locked and it will not go the other way. Roll it a touch ,actually you are probably over rolling it as it's fully deployed and the connection between the tube and the shade is straight down, then release. It may take a couple of attempts.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                            X