Carpet in Imagines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet in Imagines

Taking delivery of our new 2800BH on Tuesday. Not crazy about the carpet under the dinette and seating. Anyone remove it? What did you put down in its place? Does GD have matching flooring you can buy?

Thx.
    Famtraveler24
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

The primary reason for the carpeting is that it extends several inches past the edge of the slide out floor. This overlap covers the gap between the slide and the main floor.

If you still want to proceed, you can order the flooring material through your dealership who will place the order to GDRV. GDRV is not licensed for retail sales, so you need to go through your dealer. If you click on the "Parts Look Up" tab above, you'll be able to drill down to obtain the flooring part number. I took a look and there are two part numbers listed for the 2020 Imagine 2800. You'll need to wait until you receive your trailer to see which flooring will be installed on your version.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      The primary reason for the carpeting is that it extends several inches past the edge of the slide out floor. This overlap covers the gap between the slide and the main floor.

If you still want to proceed, you can order the flooring material through your dealership who will place the order to GDRV. GDRV is not licensed for retail sales, so you need to go through your dealer. If you click on the "Parts Look Up" tab above, you'll be able to drill down to obtain the flooring part number. I took a look and there are two part numbers listed for the 2020 Imagine 2800. You'll need to wait until you receive your trailer to see which flooring will be installed on your version.

Jim
      I seem to remember someone writing that the carpet is put down before the walls--is that true? Will Famtraveler24 have to cut out the carpet (leaving behind the small strip between the wall and floor)?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Good questions. I appreciate the info. Seems like it wont be as easy as peel and stick!
        Famtraveler24
        2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

The overlap is identifiable in this picture, but it still seems I could add an overlap of vinyl, perhaps with the right kind of edge. Carpet just seems like such a bad idea for spills, pets, etc.
          Attached Files
          Famtraveler24
          2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I seem to remember someone writing that the carpet is put down before the walls--is that true? Will Famtraveler24 have to cut out the carpet (leaving behind the small strip between the wall and floor)?
            I do not believe that is the case with a slide out , but not sure. Interior walls will probably be sitting on the carpet or congoleum. If carpet were to extend under the slide wall this would be a bad thing as it would be exposed to the outside elements. Just purely speculation here. ( Stupid i is still not working).

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X