Thomas-Payne Recliners falling apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas-Payne Recliners falling apart

We have a 2020 337RLS that's only a little over 6 month's old and the recliners are falling apart. On one side the armrest is becoming detached from the chair. On the other side when you sit down it sounds like the springs are making a popping noise.

My wife and I had a GD 297RSTS before this 5'er and the recliners in it had no problems. It looks like we got a set of recliners that are not the quality the old ones where. Also to be noted, we are very careful with the things we own. We don't abuse things.

I tried to call GD today and no one is answering the phone.

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks
    Tim & Terrie
    Tim & Terrie
    2018 Ram 3500 SRW Long bed
    2020 337 RLS

Originally posted by Stilly1155 View Post
    We have a 2020 337RLS that's only a little over 6 month's old and the recliners are falling apart. On one side the armrest is becoming detached from the chair. On the other side when you sit down it sounds like the springs are making a popping noise.

My wife and I had a GD 297RSTS before this 5'er and the recliners in it had no problems. It looks like we got a set of recliners that are not the quality the old ones where. Also to be noted, we are very careful with the things we own. We don't abuse things.

I tried to call GD today and no one is answering the phone.

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks
    Tim & Terrie
    I have a '19 315RLTS without any furniture problems...so far. (Unless you count the couch that does NOT fold out properly to be a bed, but that's another story.)

The purpose of my post is to suggest calling LCI directly. They are the OEMs of the furniture in your trailer and will likely be the warranty contact. https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

In addition to the email that Howard provided, you can call Lippert customer service at 574-537-8900. GDRV would probably refer you to this number anyway.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll give Lippert a call.

Tim
        Tim & Terrie
        2020 337 RLS

Comment

I had a similar problem with mine. I opened the recliner to allow me to remove the bracket that holds it to the floor. I then pulled the recliner out to where I could see the back. I found that the back portion of the recliner was not properly connected to the side. If I recall correctly, the back has a u-shaped flange that slides over a pin on the side cushion and that was misaligned. I was able to successfully connect it. I then put the chair back in place and re-attached the bracket that held it to the floor. Total time, with coffee drinking was about an hour and no adult language was needed. Sadly, I did not take the time to take pictures of the repair. Good luck in fixing yours but I found it to be fairly simple.

Comment

Just to let everyone know Lippert stepped up and have shipped out a new set of recliners at no charge. I should be receiving them tomorrow sometime. Thanks for the advice and Lippert's phone number. They treated me very well after I sent them photos of the problem.

A big thank you to Michelle at Lippert also.

Tim
            Tim & Terrie
            2020 337 RLS

Comment

That's great news Tim. The last time the moderators were in Indiana, we got to tour the Lippert furniture factory. I had no idea that about 90% of their furniture is manufactured right there in Indiana. I'm glad they took care of you.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
              X