Pink Spots in Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Spots in Floor

Just joined up today. Not trying to start by complaining but trying to find other’s experience. We have a 2019 2400BH that we bought new in January 2020. As they were prepping the rig the dealer noticed pink spots in several areas of the floor. After talking to GD they found out those spots were some kind of reaction between the glue they used and the vinyl. So.... before we bought the rig it went back to Elkhart for a new floor. We were told the whole thing would be “better than new” because it would go back through QA. Well we bought it. Floor looked great. Couldn’t find any evidence of a replacement. We’ve been on a couple of trips since then. Our Hot water heater went out on us, radio quit working and we had an awning leak. So it spent a month at a dealer closer to home to get those things fixed. We got it home and decided to do a deep clean. We moved a runner we had down from kitchen to bathroom. It probably hasn’t moved in six months. Those dang pink spots are back. So we are going to have to drive another two hour round trip to have the dealer look at it. We don’t know yet what GD is going to do. Needless to say we are pretty upset. We really don’t want to lose the rig for 3+ months (not to mention the mileage) if it goes back to Elkhart again.

That long story to get to this. Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone found a solution that worked? Does anyone know if they’ve had this problem with the 2020 or 2021 flooring? Considering asking for one of the newer styles if they are going to replace again.

And before anyone says it.... these are not rv antifreeze spots. This is a known “rare” issue we are blessed with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic of pink.JPG
Views:	2781
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	27249
    Last edited by howson; 08-16-2020, 04:06 PM. Reason: Added pic to text.

No, those are not antifreeze spots. And from posts I've seen in the last week or two on social media, they are not that "rare". I just did a search on some GDRV Facebook groups and found at least four other owners with the same issue.

From what I understand, the pink spots on vinyl floors may be caused by a bacteria. Do a search for "pink spots on vinyl floors" and you'll find a ton of articles on it. Is there any chance that your floors are getting wet? I'd certainly look into investigating if GDRV could replace the floor with another brand. And they need to make 100% certain that the subfloor is completely dry before installing the new floor.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the response and..... crap. Just did the search you suggested. I don’t think we have a moisture or leak problem but I guess it is always possible. I’ll have to double check the water pump and sink. It sounds to me like if you don’t kill this underneath the vinyl then you are chasing your tail just replacing the vinyl. Good times.

Comment

The pink stains are a dye released by the bacteria. Very difficult to get rid of once this has occurred. See https://ultra-fresh.com/pink-stainin...nyl-a-problem/ There are vinyl additives that will help to prevent this from happening in the first place. I wonder if Grand Design changed suppliers or their supplier removed this additive from their formulation?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Just read this post on the pink spots on the floor. We have a 2017 Imagine 2600RB and have pink spots on the floor next to our bed. No know water issue.

Is this something GD is fixing? Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnstriber View Post
            Just read this post on the pink spots on the floor. We have a 2017 Imagine 2600RB and have pink spots on the floor next to our bed. No know water issue.

Is this something GD is fixing? Does anyone know?
            John,

It's certainly worth checking with them. I'd send an e-mail to customerservice@granddesignrv.com. Provide the following in your email:

1. Year, Make and Model of your RV
            2. VIN
            3. A detailed explanation of what you've found
            4. Photos of the problem.

Then I'd ask an open ended question such as "can you provide guidance on how to proceed?"

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Tiger6761 Please excuse my being tardy to the party...Welcome to the forum and the Family!.

When you get a chance, check out the forum welcome letter which will hopefully make your forum usage a little easier.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Hi there,
                Our trailer is a GD 2019 2400 BH and we are having this same issue with pink spots and floor is rotten with black mold!! Did GD ever help with this issue did they own up to it? Any help help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn26 View Post
                  Hi there,
                  Our trailer is a GD 2019 2400 BH and we are having this same issue with pink spots and floor is rotten with black mold!! Did GD ever help with this issue did they own up to it? Any help help would be greatly appreciated
                  I suspect your '19 is well out of warranty. However, a phone call to GD can't hurt anything. Make sure and have your VIN handy as they will need it.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X