Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toilet Paper Roll - Towel Rods in bathroom - Storage Cupboard - 2019 Solitude 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Paper Roll - Towel Rods in bathroom - Storage Cupboard - 2019 Solitude 310GK

I was surprised to find the roller and end brackets in the medicine cabinet, instead of installed somewhere, but due to the limited space choices I guess GD left that choice up to the owner. The most obvious convenient choice for the toilet paper roll seems to be on the inside of the vanity door. Has anyone found another solution?

The hooks on the wood above the toilet is a minimal solution for hanging towels, but not particularly effective for drying the towels after a shower. We are used to a horizontal towel rod, but because most of the walls are curved, makes installing straight towel rods almost impossible. Any other solutions?

One last thing, is the storage cupboard behind the head of the shower. It is spacious but the location makes access awkward, and begs for a sliding drawer to effectively use the space. Has anyone accomplished an installation such as this yet?

Thanks for your input.

Rich
    Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
    2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
    2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

We are using a free standing toilet paper holder. Works great and stays in place next to the toilet when we travel.

I got a folding cupboard rack and put this in the back of the linen closet with seldom used items under it. Then I added a narrow similar rack in front and have a cloth storage box on top of it.

Have not gotten nerve to try a screw for a towel ring on the curved wall. Also haven't yet figured out a good bath towel solution. We do hang ours on skirt hangers.
    Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Comment

Kay & Dave
      Thanks for your solutions. Any chance of a picture of your rack in the linen closet, when you get a minute.
      Rich
      Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
      2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
      2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

Comment

I took two hooks down and installed a bar rack.

Comment

I saw these towel holders another GD owner was using
          https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Vint...1G6CYZ26GQWGJ6
          2018 Reflection 315RLTS
          2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

Not sure if you have the same shower as in my 337 (rectangular one with seat), but I've added a tension curtain rod across the width. When done showering, we hang our towels from there to dry. Can also work for wet bathing suits, etc.
            Andi
            Brookings SD
            2018 Reflection 337RLS
            2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

I use these on the hollow walls
              Click image for larger version

Name:	toggels.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	4909
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

We replaced the three junk hooks behind the toilet with three proper coat hooks:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-...SN-C/304108334

They hold towels securely even during travel. A wet towel can be easily draped across all three of them (although we hang bath towels over the shower door rail and put away when dry). And they don't look like the cheapest-possible thing that could be installed there.

Best location for the toilet paper holder? I'm not getting into THAT discussion again!
                Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Working...
                X