Bathroom Towel Rack - Additions/Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Towel Rack - Additions/Upgrade

So, with a family of 5 (4 camping) the towel rack that came with our 2020 2400BH (1) was just not enough. Especially when you have wet clothes + towels. My wife had something hanging from the top of the door, we were using the coat hangers, the sides of the dinette and or cabinets.

Solution: Contact Dealer parts department and order 2 additional matching towel racks. Total cost was ~$50? $16 of that was shipping. But, I think my wife is going to be happy with the additions. See below for before and after pictures.

*Forgot the after pic for the outside of the door. Will correct and edit post.
    **Uploaded.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellis; 09-14-2020, 10:21 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

I'm assuming the door is hollow. How did you secure it to the door to keep it from pulling out? Hollow Door Anchors?
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Hate to be a wet towel, but the door hinges are not very robust. You may experience trouble with squeaks, door not staying in position, door not latching, or even twisting of the hinges. I doubt that there is another location for all those towel bars so you might want to look at upgrading the hinges.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
        Hate to be a wet towel, but the door hinges are not very robust. You may experience trouble with squeaks, door not staying in position, door not latching, or even twisting of the hinges. I doubt that there is another location for all those towel bars so you might want to look at upgrading the hinges.
        Will take a look at that.
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
          I'm assuming the door is hollow. How did you secure it to the door to keep it from pulling out? Hollow Door Anchors?
          Good point. I am not 100% sure if it is hollow or not now that you say it. But, the factory towel rack is installed without anchors....and maybe my drillbit is dull....but it took some effort to get through that first bit of wood if it is hollow. We have not had any issues with the factory towel rack.

I drilled a hole that was a size smaller than the screws (maybe 2 sizes smaller) so the screw would grab well.

If we have any issues with them or the hinges will reply back and keep everyone apprised.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Doors are hollow. I will edit the initial post later and add the missing pic.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

After camping this weekend with the new setup for a few days....I am actually contemplating removing the factory towel rack from the back of the door and raising it up like I mounted the one on the front door. The towels hand down over the door handle and it just isn't as nice. Of course, I don't like the idea of holes in the door....but maybe I can patch with some saw dust, wood glue, and stain?
              2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

I took some new pictures. We ended up moving the inside rack up. This does leave 2 holes exposed. I thought about patching them, but I am going to have my wife look for something decorative that would cover it up instead.
                Attached Files
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                X