Solitude S Class 2930 - Differences Between Queen Bed And King Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude S Class 2930 - Differences Between Queen Bed And King Bed

Thought there was a section to directly ask GDRV questions but i suspect Howard/other mods. probably shared details on this, I just do not recall. In any event, I hope this is the correct place to ask my questions.

What are the differences between the standard Queen bed room and the optional King bed upgrade ? Obviously the mattress is larger but what about:

- the bed platform size/construction/placement/etc. ? The larger bed appears to take up nearly all the room between the curb wall and mattress with the street side distance remaining the same ?
    - electrical both 120 V outlets/USB/etc. locations and/or differences ?
    - it appears as though the lower cabinet next to the bed on the curb side is eliminated with a smaller "shelf/cabinet" and having no door to open and thus no storage ? The upper cabinet appears to be the same ?
    - it appears as though the roomy space between the bed and curb side exterior wall is nearly nonexistent (6 or so inches) as where with the queen bed it appears quite roomy (maybe 20" or so) ?
    - any other differences anywhere inside or outside the RV ?

Maybe the moderators know or have information in their "portfolio" of GDRV materials or can share this with GDRV folks for feedback. And maybe any 2930 owners will provide some feedback as well.

Thanks, all

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Thought there was a section to directly ask GDRV questions but i suspect Howard/other mods. probably shared details on this, I just do not recall. In any event, I hope this is the correct place to ask my questions.

What are the differences between the standard Queen bed room and the optional King bed upgrade ? Obviously the mattress is larger but what about:

- the bed platform size/construction/placement/etc. ? The larger bed appears to take up nearly all the room between the curb wall and mattress with the street side distance remaining the same ?
    - it appears as though the lower cabinet next to the bed on the curb side is eliminated with a smaller "shelf/cabinet" and having no door to open and thus no storage ? The upper cabinet appears to be the same ?
    - it appears as though the roomy space between the bed and curb side exterior wall is nearly nonexistent (6 or so inches) as where with the queen bed it appears quite roomy (maybe 20" or so) ?

Maybe the moderators know or have information in their "portfolio" of GDRV materials or can share this with GDRV folks for feedback. And maybe any 2930 owners will provide some feedback as well.

Thanks, all

Dan
    GDRV-Megan -- appears that Dan and Carol are considering a 2930 S Class! Can you answer his questions?

Thanks!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Canyonlight Dan, are you looking at a new rig? Will you have it by our trip in October??
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Thanks, all

Dan
        It looks like the bed platform increases for the king bed, which means that you lose the doorside nightstand in the bedroom. Here's a little snip it that will hopefully answer your questions:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2930RL King Bed.PNG
Views:	589
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	29787

The overhead cabinet remains the same. You lose the extra USB.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

It looks like the bed platform increases for the king bed, which means that you lose the doorside nightstand in the bedroom. Here's a little snip it that will hopefully answer your questions:

Megan - thank you, so much for the prompt reply and the drawing ! The drawing clearly points out the loss of 10" on the curb side with no change on the street side. Losing the USB is not a big deal but glad to be aware of this. Carol and I do not need a King and this clearly shows that a King is not an ideal fit for the front bed design.

Dan
          Dan & Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Andi View Post
            Canyonlight Dan, are you looking at a new rig? Will you have it by our trip in October??
            Like you and Mike possibly considering a Momentum, Carol and I have been talking about our next GDRV for sometime. We are just waiting for that next really good fit. The 303 has checked many things off the list for us and GDRV team support has been fabulous. The 2930 has had our attention since release. We can not think of looking elsewhere.

The new 336 and 346 Solitudes coming out as shared by Nate and Rob in a recent article really have our interest. Looking really forward to learning more about these. Carol really likes the front living room double slide design and me the garage on the 376 Momentum. Sounds like the 336 and 346 may be good options.

We also really like the new interior designs/black fixtures/white rectangular center island/lights/etc. Megan GDRV-Megan if you or Nate, or Rob have some advance things to share we are all ears and Carol will send a bottle of her favorite wine !

Dan
            Dan & Carol

Comment

Like you and Mike possibly considering a Momentum, Carol and I have been talking about our next GDRV for sometime. We are just waiting for that next really good fit. The 303 has checked many things off the list for us and GDRV team support has been fabulous. The 2930 has had our attention since release. We can not think of looking elsewhere.

The new 336 and 346 Solitudes coming out as shared by Nate and Rob in a recent article really have our interest. Looking really forward to learning more about these. Carol really likes the front living room double slide design and me the garage on the 376 Momentum. Sounds like the 336 and 346 may be good options.

We also really like the new interior designs/black fixtures/white rectangular center island/lights/etc. Megan GDRV-Megan if you or Nate, or Rob have some advance things to share we are all ears and Carol will send a bottle of her favorite wine !

Dan
              I'm afraid all of our updates are all out on the table right now, but stay tuned! I'm sure they will definitely come up with something new to keep everyone waiting impatiently for more!!

Right now, we are on somewhat of a development hold as our suppliers are struggling to keep up with the units that are already on order. Hopefully, things will start to go back to "normal" soon so that we can continue to update and improve!!

Comment

PS Canyonlight if you could please let Carol know, I like sweet red wine

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Megan,

Would this drawing be accurate for a 373 Solitude? Thanks.

Comment

mscofer You would lose both nightstands if you were to get the king bed in the 373FB.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X