Adding a Backsplash to a 2017 Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Backsplash to a 2017 Imagine

My 2017 Imagine does not have a backsplash in the kitchen area. I want to add one. My area's of specific concern are around the sink and the stove.

Currently, it has the textured wallcovering (I hesitate to call it wallpaper), which I'm concerned will be difficult to get clean if I get any cooking debris on it, as well as surviving splashed water from the sink (I've got messy small children, and messy adults (Me))

Has anyone done this? Honestly, I was probably looking at Peel n Stick mainly for weight savings / cost. But the obvious concerns of Bouncing trailer and hot storage temps make me wonder if this is a good choice.

I see from https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...le-popping-off that the units that GD sells with a backsplash, they attach actual tiles to a board, and then affix the board to the wall. This might help overcome the textured wallcovering.

Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

For reference, this is probably my first choice (based on 1 minute of googling)
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/American-Ol...ile/1000390969
    Mike

Comment

Bumping this, cause I still want to do it. (@howson 's mod list had me going thru my old threads)
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
        Bumping this, cause I still want to do it. (@howson 's mod list had me going thru my old threads)
        Hi Mike,

See my post (#6) on the previously linked discussion. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...le-popping-off

Cut a piece of plywood to exactly fit the area that you want to tile. This is where you can make small adjustments for things in the way or out of square. Mount the tiles to this plywood which now becomes a workbench project (much easier). Then install the tile wall as one piece.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank's Rob. (I'm going to nominate the linked thread to the mod list, I never saw the original thread, predates me showing up on the boards)
          Mike

Comment

My wife found some aluminum panels that fit perfectly along the side and back of the stove. These panels allow us to cook food that would ordinarily splatter grease on the wallboard of the Imagine.

Purchased from Lowes where they just set in place. There are several styles where here is an example.

Metal Ceiling Express 24-in x 24-in 5-Pack Unfinished/Raw Tin Plated Metal/Tin Surface-Mount Panel Ceiling Tiles in the Ceiling Tiles department at Lowes.com

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X