Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60" Tri Fold IPO Theater Seating - weight difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60" Tri Fold IPO Theater Seating - weight difference?

The 278BH has a low CC number (1767). We are trying to decide on options before we order. We know we are adding a second a/c but that won't add much weight. We really want the dual pane windows, but GD tells me that will add 200-300 lbs, which of course needs to be deducted from the CC. Ugh. This will be our first RV so I have no idea what a realistic number will be for cargo for us.

So now trying to decide between the 60" sofa or the theater seating. I'm guessing there's probably not a huge weight difference between the two? The theater seating has electronics, right? Does anyone know the weight of both?

Originally posted by Confused Searcher View Post
    The 278BH has a low CC number (1767). We are trying to decide on options before we order. We know we are adding a second a/c but that won't add much weight. We really want the dual pane windows, but GD tells me that will add 200-300 lbs, which of course needs to be deducted from the CC. Ugh. This will be our first RV so I have no idea what a realistic number will be for cargo for us.

So now trying to decide between the 60" sofa or the theater seating. I'm guessing there's probably not a huge weight difference between the two? The theater seating has electronics, right? Does anyone know the weight of both?
    I thought to myself "this will be an easy one to answer". Wrong... I went to the Lippert store to look at their furniture. They list all the dimensions in their specifications, but they don't list the weight .

Regarding the AC.. Most units weigh in at around 95-100#.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I thought to myself "this will be an easy one to answer". Wrong... I went to the Lippert store to look at their furniture. They list all the dimensions in their specifications, but they don't list the weight .

Regarding the AC.. Most units weigh in at around 95-100#.

Jim
      Yeah I figured the a/c was around 100. I can't imagine there's a huge difference in the two seating pieces. I really want the theater seating. I think we may have to skip the dual pane windows. :(

Comment

I would be surprised if the weight difference between the sofa and the recliners would be more than 10 or 20 pounds , recliner being heavier.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Check with the dealer as we were told you can not change the tri fold sofa to the theater seating in this exact model. Only the u dinette you can change to the theater seating. It is confusing on the GD website and I had 2 dealers tell me they can. But I confirmed with grand design and the re confirmed with the dealers that this is not an option. It says forced on the 278bh on the GD website and this means it is forced that you have to have a tri fold sofa. I guess there is no power on that wall is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by ajrupert8008@yahoo.com View Post
            Check with the dealer as we were told you can not change the tri fold sofa to the theater seating in this exact model. Only the u dinette you can change to the theater seating. It is confusing on the GD website and I had 2 dealers tell me they can. But I confirmed with grand design and the re confirmed with the dealers that this is not an option. It says forced on the 278bh on the GD website and this means it is forced that you have to have a tri fold sofa. I guess there is no power on that wall is the problem
            We ended up going with a 28BH anyway LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X