2020 2400BH Glass Door Won't Stay Closed While Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 2400BH Glass Door Won't Stay Closed While Driving

The glass door that closes with simple magnets over the stereo unit (just under the tv) does not stay closed. Has anyone else had this issue - and if so, what was your fix? Seems it would make more sense if the door opened up instead of down to avoid the problem all together - but before we flipped it around, thought we would check. Thanks
    Retired husband taking the wife on what might be (but hope not) her last bucket list road trip with our 15yo daughter. (Progressive Multiple Sclerosis). Driving a Toyota Tundra pulling our 2020 Imagine 2400BH.

Originally posted by RandyandKristie View Post
    The glass door that closes with simple magnets over the stereo unit (just under the tv) does not stay closed. Has anyone else had this issue - and if so, what was your fix? Seems it would make more sense if the door opened up instead of down to avoid the problem all together - but before we flipped it around, thought we would check. Thanks
    RandyandKristie,
    First--welcome to the forum! As it appears (to me) that you are asking other 2400BH owners for their solution to your issue I moved this thread from the "Ask Grand Design" section to the Interior section of the forum. (I hope you don't mind.)

I don't have a 2400BH, but if you swap the glass around you'll have to bend over to look up to see the controls, right? (I looked at Grand Design's gallery to see what you're referencing.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2400BH.JPG
Views:	641
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	3053

You might consider changing out the magnet for a rare earth one (very strong). My suggestion assumes the alignment of the door-to-existing-magnet is correct and there's no tension ("resistance") on the door's hinges when it closes.

Please post back when you figure out a solution.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We have a 2020 2150-RB and have the same problem. I installed a double magnet latch and striker plate but the problem persists. Fortunately, and quite surprisingly, the glass has not broken (yet)
      I'd be real interested in finding a solution. I was planning to build some kind of twist latch mechanism out of teak but I'll wait to see what others have come up with first.
      Ralph

Comment

I know this is an older thread...but this glass cover for the stereo area under the TV will be the first item I remove completely when I take delivery of our new 2021 Imagine 2400BH lol. It serves no purpose and will definitely get smashed sooner or later with the rougher gravel/back roads we travel to access our backcountry camping areas...
        2021 Imagine 2400BH on order. 2017 RamHD Laramie 3500 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin rolling on 37" Tires, 6" Lift.

Comment

Originally posted by RACKMAN View Post
          I know this is an older thread...but this glass cover for the stereo area under the TV will be the first item I remove completely when I take delivery of our new 2021 Imagine 2400BH lol. It serves no purpose and will definitely get smashed sooner or later with the rougher gravel/back roads we travel to access our backcountry camping areas...
          Bling is nice, but I'm with you on functionality over rougher roads. We love to get away from it all while boondocking.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by RACKMAN View Post
            Not much use for the glass unless you put something in the storage area next to the head unit. Note that there is a flip down retainer tab you swing down during travel.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Not much use for the glass unless you put something in the storage area next to the head unit. Note that there is a flip down retainer tab you swing down during travel.
              I have a 2021 2400BH and I have not found this “flip down” travel lock. Do you have a pic?
              2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
              2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Originally posted by GrandDeal3 View Post

I have a 2021 2400BH and I have not found this “flip down” travel lock. Do you have a pic?
                Here you go. Pictures from mine and then the part on the GD Parts Lookup at the top of this webpage.

Mike & Lisa
                Central Florida
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Here you go. Pictures from mine and then the part on the GD Parts Lookup at the top of this webpage.
                  Yep my 2250RK has the same latch... I don't know why they put it on some units and not others...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4819.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	49826
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Working...
                  X