roller shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roller shades

Hi, my name is Burt and I am a newbie here as my wife, Pat, and I just purchased our first GD an Imagine 22mle. We are looking forward to out first camping outing with it this coming week. However, we have already faced our first minor but irritating issue with it. One roller shade by the galley sink will not retract. Has anyone faced this issue and is there a way to correct it short of replacing it. A three hour drive with the unit to the dealer to get it taken care of is not on my list of fun things to do. It looks like I would have to remove the valence to get the shade out, is that correct or is there a way to do so without removing the valence. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks, Burt
    Burt & Pat. '21 Imagine XLS 22MLE, '20 F150 3.5 EB Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Welcome Pat and Burt

If you can not get it to work a call to Grand Design Customer service , number on the home page , and explain to them your distance to the dealer and they may send you the blind , have your VIN handy when calling. There have been some with this type of issue and I am not sure if they got it fixed or had to replace. I would try the phone call on a new unit.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

There are a couple different threads that talk about this problem. From what I vaguely remember there is some type of slot or tab on one end of the roller that you can trip to make it start working again. If you remove the valance it's easy to see. If you already know what you're doing you can accomplish this without removing the valance.

Unfortunately that's all I remember. Just enough so if it happens to me I can figure it out.
      Charles and Susan
      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Thank you both so much for your prompt replies, it is much appreciated. Will spend more time investigating it while camping next week. Thanks again and have a great day!! Burt
        Burt & Pat. '21 Imagine XLS 22MLE, '20 F150 3.5 EB Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

Working...
        X