Bathroom towel racks - 2019 Solitude 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom towel racks - 2019 Solitude 310GK

We are still working with the three hooks for hanging towels in the bathroom. I would be happy to hear/see how others have improved this limited capability.
    Thanks.
    Rich
    Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
    2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
    2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

Originally posted by CLARKR4 View Post
    We are still working with the three hooks for hanging towels in the bathroom. I would be happy to hear/see how others have improved this limited capability.
    Thanks.
    Rich
    Hi Rich and Shari,
    This is what I did in my 310GK... it's only me so it works. I chose a 18" towel bar that does not have that tiny screws to hold the round pieces to the wall bracket.... I apologize that I can't remember which store - Home Depot or Lowe's - that I got them from but I hate those tiny screws....
    Cindy
    2019 310GK Solitude
    2020 Silverado High Country 2500HD
    2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
    2022 Solitude 3330RE
    Cindy & Xena

Comment

We are doing the same. I did put Command hooks on the shower door top rail and used clip type hangars until the hooks fell down. I evidently didn't clean it well enough and haven't thought to re do it.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We did something similar to Cindy but with a slightly longer towel bar. We also have one of these in the corner to the left of the toilet:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We like it so much, we give them as "RV warming" gifts to friends when they buy an RV.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Thank you Cindy, Jerry, Kelly and Rob for your response. We thought of trying your solution but with two or more towels, doesn't seem to be enough space, and it can't be any longer or it obstructs the cupboard door opening.Rob the vertical tension rod with the swivel horizontal rods seems like a best option solution. This equates to one rod on the wall below or above the hooks and one rod against the wall of the pocket door cavity.
          Do those rods adjust up or down or are they locked in place as purchased?

Rich

Comment

Thank you Cindy, Jerry, Kelly and Rob for your response. We thought of trying your solution but with two or more towels, doesn't seem to be enough space, and it can't be any longer or it obstructs the cupboard door opening.Rob the vertical tension rod with the swivel horizontal rods seems like a best option solution. This equates to one rod on the wall below or above the hooks and one rod against the wall of the pocket door cavity.
            Do those rods adjust up or down or are they locked in place as purchased?

Rich
            The hanger poles are spring-loaded so they'll stay in place between the floor and the ceiling. If I recall, the height of the fittings for the horizontal bars can be adjusted - you just don't want them low enough where towels are hanging too close to the toilet (we have them set as high as possible). The whole thing comes in segments and parts that you have to put together.

Rob

Edit/PS: we are still able to get the cabinet door open with the permanently mounted towel bar I installed.
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Rob
              Went looking for the spring loaded hanger pole on Amazon and apparently they are no longer available? If you are still giving them as RV warming gifts did you find another source. RV season is coming so thought I should break down and buy one.

Rich

Comment

Rob
                Went looking for the spring loaded hanger pole on Amazon and apparently they are no longer available? If you are still giving them as RV warming gifts did you find another source. RV season is coming so thought I should break down and buy one.

Rich
                You are right! No, we haven't had a friend get a new RV recently so the last one we ordered was for our new Solitude in February of 2020. I can't find an alternative on Lowe's, Home Depot, nor eBay, either. To quote Winston Churchill, "This is an outrage, up with which I shall not put!"

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

couple of options:

https://www.amazon.com/Household-Ess...5742372&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Baoyouni-Stan...5742417&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzion-Towe...5742480&sr=8-2
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Rob & Jlawles2
                    Thanks for your responses. The problem with the wall mount is that on the Solitude the exterior wall is a cavity for the pocket door. Looks like something that attaches to the wall behind the toilet is the only option.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                    X