Shower leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower leaking

We have a 2020 Momentum 351 toy hauler. The first time we took a shower in it, the bathroom floor was flooded with water. It was leaking out badly along the track. Has anyone else had that problem?

Originally posted by Tim & Emily View Post
    We have a 2020 Momentum 351 toy hauler. The first time we took a shower in it, the bathroom floor was flooded with water. It was leaking out badly along the track. Has anyone else had that problem?
    If I don't make sure the doors are closed mine will do the same thing. It's easy to inadvertently create a gap on the non-entry side of the doors when closing them.

May be obvious....but if the trailer is not level water will follow gravity.

The shower tracks have cutouts to allow them to drain--are they clear of debris?

If you're willing to investigate, try sprinkling a little baby powder around the area you think it's leaking. The water will create a "trail" that you'll be able to follow to isolate exactly what's going on.

If you find the issue, please post a picture.

-Howard
    Howard & Francine +2 fur kids (Brody & Little Princess)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum & 2006 Honda Goldwing (in truck bed using a LoadAll v3)
    2019 315RLTS towed >11K miles as of Jul '19 (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Comment

Thanks so much for your input, Howard! The water did appear to come right through the tracks, so my husband put several applications of caulk along the outside track, and it appears to have solved the problem for now. I like the baby powder idea if it happens s again!

Comment

I have a 2020 Reflection 295RL with the "roller-shade type shower door. The same thing happened to me. The bottom inside of the frame appears to be well caulked but somehow gets water underneath it (which flows onto the floor). I feel like the water is getting into the "roller" housing, then onto the track, and eventually out onto the floor. Or, maybe the floor water is coming from the not-to-good squeegee action when retracting the door back into the roller.

Do you have this type of door...and having the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyW View Post
          I have a 2020 Reflection 295RL with the "roller-shade type shower door. The same thing happened to me. The bottom inside of the frame appears to be well caulked but somehow gets water underneath it (which flows onto the floor). I feel like the water is getting into the "roller" housing, then onto the track, and eventually out onto the floor. Or, maybe the floor water is coming from the not-to-good squeegee action when retracting the door back into the roller.

Do you have this type of door...and having the same problem?
          Pls post a picture...
          Howard & Francine +2 fur kids (Brody & Little Princess)
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum & 2006 Honda Goldwing (in truck bed using a LoadAll v3)
          2019 315RLTS towed >11K miles as of Jul '19 (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Comment

Sure will, the next time I use it. It is parked in storage now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim & Emily View Post
              Yes, our 381M also leaked badly. They did not caulk the joint inside of the tracks at the end where it meets the wall strip. Also, I ran a bead along the outside of the bottom piece too. Not a drop since then.
              2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
              2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Comment

Any thoughts on running on inside vs outside? If on the inside, water wont protrude from the inside and then just sit under the rail, but maybe in theory if you caulk the outside, water will drain back in to the shower.
                Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                No Momentum...Yet
                2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
                X