Shower leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower leaking

We have a 2020 Momentum 351 toy hauler. The first time we took a shower in it, the bathroom floor was flooded with water. It was leaking out badly along the track. Has anyone else had that problem?

Originally posted by Tim & Emily View Post
    We have a 2020 Momentum 351 toy hauler. The first time we took a shower in it, the bathroom floor was flooded with water. It was leaking out badly along the track. Has anyone else had that problem?
    If I don't make sure the doors are closed mine will do the same thing. It's easy to inadvertently create a gap on the non-entry side of the doors when closing them.

May be obvious....but if the trailer is not level water will follow gravity.

The shower tracks have cutouts to allow them to drain--are they clear of debris?

If you're willing to investigate, try sprinkling a little baby powder around the area you think it's leaking. The water will create a "trail" that you'll be able to follow to isolate exactly what's going on.

If you find the issue, please post a picture.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks so much for your input, Howard! The water did appear to come right through the tracks, so my husband put several applications of caulk along the outside track, and it appears to have solved the problem for now. I like the baby powder idea if it happens s again!

Comment

I have a 2020 Reflection 295RL with the "roller-shade type shower door. The same thing happened to me. The bottom inside of the frame appears to be well caulked but somehow gets water underneath it (which flows onto the floor). I feel like the water is getting into the "roller" housing, then onto the track, and eventually out onto the floor. Or, maybe the floor water is coming from the not-to-good squeegee action when retracting the door back into the roller.

Do you have this type of door...and having the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyW View Post
          I have a 2020 Reflection 295RL with the "roller-shade type shower door. The same thing happened to me. The bottom inside of the frame appears to be well caulked but somehow gets water underneath it (which flows onto the floor). I feel like the water is getting into the "roller" housing, then onto the track, and eventually out onto the floor. Or, maybe the floor water is coming from the not-to-good squeegee action when retracting the door back into the roller.

Do you have this type of door...and having the same problem?
          Pls post a picture...
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sure will, the next time I use it. It is parked in storage now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim & Emily View Post
              Yes, our 381M also leaked badly. They did not caulk the joint inside of the tracks at the end where it meets the wall strip. Also, I ran a bead along the outside of the bottom piece too. Not a drop since then.
              2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
              2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Comment

Any thoughts on running on inside vs outside? If on the inside, water wont protrude from the inside and then just sit under the rail, but maybe in theory if you caulk the outside, water will drain back in to the shower.
                Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                2020 Momentum 351M
                2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I had the exact same thing. Water would leak out under my track on my shower doors. I went and got a clear silicon kitchen/bath and ran a bead of it. Fixed the issue.

Comment

Our 2020 351 leaked on left side when facing shower. Had dealer run bead of caulk on inside of frame along base and up wall.....solved leakage issue. Only issue in 8,000 miles so far except for shattered shower door glass panel.and we have no clue how that happened. It’s a pricey panel. Local glass shop charged $221 and Wife and I installed it.

Comment

Same problem with my 2019 351. Tried calling service dept at the dealer I purchased from. Never ever got a call back from them. Yea Traveland. Another problem fixed on my own! Poor QC as well as no help from dealer.

Comment

2019 381M with same problem. i pulled the bottom track out completely put silicone on bottom, re installed, more silicone on the edges against wall, covered screws and put a bead on out side.
                        probably a little much but i didn't want any water seeping through the screws to get under the shower.
                        2019 Momentum 381-M Class
                        2017 Ram 2500 Long Bed SRW

Comment

Same with me too. No caulk on the bottom of the shower door track. A bead of clear silicone caulk took care of the problem. I've seen this issue so many times I'm beginning to wonder why GD hasn't taken note of it.

It happens way to often to be a fluke of production!
                          2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
                          2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Same here but I've found something a little more serious. They ran a bead of caulk inside the track and not outside, which normally is what you want, no water under the track is a good thing! Unfortunately the water on my 397TH was coming from improperly sealed and stripped out mounting screws in the bottom track. If you seal the outside edge the water is trapped and has nowhere to go....except down into the structure below the shower! The fiberglass strips out pretty easily when you use a self drilling/self tapping metal screw. I had to clean the caulk off of the screws, remove them, clean the track, put caulking in the holes, gently reinstall the screws and then seal them from the top. This has stopped my water issue.
                            2018 F-250, 6.7L, 2020 Momentum 397TH, Demco EasySlider

Comment

My 2020 2930rl-r shower had the same problem. I finally added clear caulking to the outside of the bottom track. Make sure the inside bottom edges that have small drain holes are clear of any obstructions or debris. At the end of my shower I spray the inside of the shower glass down near the bottom and see that water drains from the corners into the shower pan and this keeps my track clean and the bathroom floor dry.

Comment

Working...
                              X