2 black knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 black knobs

was not sure where to post this but these 2 knobs are in one of the propane compartments on my 5th wheel does anyone know what there for

Rich
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Rich205 View Post
    was not sure where to post this but these 2 knobs are in one of the propane compartments on my 5th wheel does anyone know what there for

Rich
    What model 5th wheel do you have?

If this is a Solitude or Momentum then this is the controls for some of your hydraulic slides. Closing one of these valves allows you to only open one of the slide. I believe that these control the middle slides.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

it is a 2019 solitude 372wb

Comment

Brian is correct on their intended purpose. I checked, and I'm surprised this information is NOT covered in the latest version of the Solitude owner's manual.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Just be careful and do not turn them like a lug wrench. These are plastic and may break. Another member found that they should be lubricated , WD40 or such , once and a while. It may be just as good to turn them in and out a few times to keep them moving.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Rich205 View Post

Rich
            Indeed, as Country Campers says, these knobs are inline valves for the slideout hydraulic lines. They are normally open (turned all the way counter-clockwise). If you want to prevent one slideout from opening or closing, turn that slideout's valve all the way clockwise.

Couple of usage notes.

When a slideout is fully extended, the hydraulic line is under pressure so the valve will be harder to close. Be careful if you decide to use a tool to close the valve. The knob seating onto the valve stem is poorly designed and it's possible to strip the knob off the stem. I did, and it's a mess to repair.

It's a good idea to operate the knobs thru their full turn-cycle occasionally to keep the valve stems operating smoothly. If you don't use the valves occasionally, the stems tend to stick.

When you do open and close the valves, don't close down or open up at the end of the turn cycle too tightly (i.e., don't "seat" the valve tightly). You don't want to stick or strip off the knob.

-Steve
            2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
            Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
            2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
            18k B&W Companion, non-slider
            640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
            Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
            Somerset, WI

Comment

steve&renee
              I was trying to remember who had the broke know issue. Great and helpful input.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

thank you so much for the info I would of stripe them for sure

Rich

Comment

Working...
                X