Speakers Fell Off the Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers Fell Off the Wall

Just bought a 2021 Solitude 373FB. There are 2 speakers behind the theater chairs on the wall. It fell off the wall and I can not tell what the boxes are. The part number is 590510: Speaker Box, 6 1/2 PR Black enclosed carpet F/ Spkrs in S/O. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Originally posted by Payne764 View Post
    Just bought a 2021 Solitude 373FB. There are 2 speakers behind the theater chairs on the wall. It fell off the wall and I can not tell what the boxes are. The part number is 590510: Speaker Box, 6 1/2 PR Black enclosed carpet F/ Spkrs in S/O. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum, Payne764. When you get a chance please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I'm a bit confused on what exactly you're asking. The post states I can not tell what the boxes are but then goes on to list the part number and description? The part number is 590510: Speaker Box, 6 1/2 PR Black enclosed carpet F/ Spkrs in S/O.

Can you rephrase your question, please?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Payne764 -- I've also moved your issue to it's own thread.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

It is a box that was mounted on wall. It is not connected to anything. I don’t know what the box is or does. I looked on Grand Design web site and got the part number but site does not show what it is.

Comment

Comment

This is the box. Part number is from GD site. The back has opening with wires coming out with a connection. Front has to gold bottoms looks like you press them down to place a cable in it to secure. There is nothing connected to box on the wall. So confused on what it is.

Comment

You should still be under warranty. Its strange there is not a hole in the wall with wires, or wires coming up from the floor.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This is the box. Part number is from GD site. The back has opening with wires coming out with a connection. Front has to gold bottoms looks like you press them down to place a cable in it to secure. There is nothing connected to box on the wall. So confused on what it is.
                So there's no speaker in the box? It is literally as shown in the pictures? Looks to me like the factory forgot to install something...but that's speculation.

I'd tag a Grand Design representative and ask for her help but there's no VIN in your profile. (Rationale and "how to" for why we ask for the VIN is in the Welcome Letter linked in my first response.) If you'll pop that VIN in the profile (and let me know) I'll tag GD and bring them into this thread.

The alternative is to call Grand Design Customer Service next week. They will also need your VIN to address the issue.

Let me know how I can help.

Comment

I just put the VIN number on my profile. That is the picture of box. The other one on the wall looks the same way. With the two gold buttons towards the center on camper. The box is covering up the outside speakers. I checked. The outside speakers do work because the box is off the wall. Very confused on this. Agreed, seems like something is missing. Thanks for your help. Also strange you can order the same part from Grand Design.

Comment

I just put the VIN number on my profile. That is the picture of box. The other one on the wall looks the same way. With the two gold buttons towards the center on camper. The box is covering up the outside speakers. I checked. The outside speakers do work because the box is off the wall. Very confused on this. Agreed, seems like something is missing. Thanks for your help. Also strange you can order the same part from Grand Design.
                    GDRV-Megan -- can you clarify the purpose for the boxes this owner has identified in his 2021 Solitude 373FB? So I don't miss anything, please read through the thread to understand the owner's question.

FYI, his VIN is in his profile.

bertschb -- does you 2019 373FB have these boxes?

RVforwork -- if you happen to stop by the forum, same question--do you have these boxes in your '19?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                      .bertschb -- does you 2019 373FB have these boxes?
                      Our 2019 373FB did not have these boxes. I also checked the Grand Design website and I don't see an optional sound system for the 373FB.
                      Brian & Kellie
                      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

What is it? May not be speaker but it is a black
                        box with wires in it than is shown on the web site.

Comment

GDRV-Megan

Please see this thread. The question of the day is "What is the black box?"

Thanks
                          Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Payne764 it's the speaker enclosure for the Rockford Fosgate system. The speakers go on the exterior wall and they are supposed to be wired to those enclosures that are in the inside of the coach.

Comment

@GDRV-Megan
                              They are not wired to anything. It fell off wall. Nothing connected to it. So is there something missing? Should it be surround sound from radio and TV? What is the system you mentioned ?
                              I just spoke with someone at customer service. He said it was there if customers wanted to connect speakers.
                              Last edited by Payne764; 11-16-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X