Speakers Fell Off the Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Payne764 View Post
    They are not wired to anything. It fell off wall. Nothing connected to it. So is there something missing? Should it be surround sound from radio and TV? What is the system you mentioned ? I just spoke with someone at customer service. He said it was there if customers wanted to connect speakers.
    The Rockford Fosgate is a sound system that is installed as part of the "Residential Living Package". I believe this is the 373FB-R. (The "R" means residential.) https://granddesignrv.com/showroom/2...oorplans/373FB

Click image for larger version

Name:	R.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	35014

Apparently Payne764 you bought the standard version of the 373FB so there's no speakers. But the box is installed regardless in every unit.

GDRV-Megan -- is that all correct?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sorry. Ours is the 373FB-R. Did not think to put the R on the model number

Comment

Sorry. Ours is the 373FB-R. Did not think to put the R on the model number
        Well that puts a new spin on things. GDRV-Megan -- why aren't the Rockford Fosgate speakers installed? What am I missing?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. This is our 4th camper, one TT and three 5th wheels. They all have had surround sound for the TV and radio inside the camper. This Solitude is the best and most expensive. So if we are missing speakers, we would like to have them.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. This is our 4th camper, one TT and three 5th wheels. They all have had surround sound for the TV and radio inside the camper. This Solitude is the best and most expensive. So if we are missing speakers, we would like to have them.
            Of course. This could get interesting if GD has a record that the speakers were installed at the factory. They have an extensive serial # list of all the components installed in a unit. Let's wait for GDRV-Megan to get back to us. She may want to discuss this with you offline.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for help

Comment

@GDRV-Megan
                They are not wired to anything. It fell off wall. Nothing connected to it. So is there something missing? Should it be surround sound from radio and TV? What is the system you mentioned ?
                I just spoke with someone at customer service. He said it was there if customers wanted to connect speakers.
                The enclosure IS supposed to be wired into the speaker. This is to help improve the sound of the speaker and to direct the sound in the right direction because the speaker goes all the way through the wall. Would you mind sending me the phone number that you called in to my private messenger? I'd like to see who you spoke with at Grand Design so that we can inform them of the correct purpose of the enclosure. Thanks!

Comment

Payne764 -- I'm still confused. Can you please take more pictures of the area where this box came off the wall and post them here, please? Is there a speaker mounted to the wall?

Comment

They are behind the seat. It is mounted where the outside speakers are. Outside speakers still work. The one is off the wall, other is still on wall. Wires are not connected to anything. The other pictures are of the box. There is a dealer in town that sales Solitudes R series but not our model. Thought about going there to look but will be Saturday

Comment

They are behind the seat. It is mounted where the outside speakers are. Outside speakers still work. The one is off the wall, other is still on wall. Wires are not connected to anything. The other pictures are of the box. There is a dealer in town that sales Solitudes R series but not our model. Thought about going there to look but will be Saturday
                      Ok, I got it now. You're not missing anything. The speakers are in the wall. The box covers the speaker for sound quality purposes.

There should be another set of wires (like the speaker in the background) somewhere near the speaker that had the box fall off.

Name:	wires.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	35267

The wires (red arrow above) connect to the box. Inside the box, those connectors are wired to the speaker.

If that's not clear I can draw out a simple diagram.

Howard

Comment

Only speaker is the outside speaker face out. Where do wires connect? Still not sure but if you think things are correct, I am good. Thanks for your time and help

Comment

Only speaker is the outside speaker face out. Where do wires connect? Still not sure but if you think things are correct, I am good. Thanks for your time and help
                          Hopefully this may help. If not...this is a repair that an RV tech can accomplish quickly without a problem. From what I can see I assure you that everything is there--it just needs to be reconnected (and in the case of the box, reinstalled on the wall).

The first set of wires go from the radio to the outside of the box (as shown below).

Name:	radio1.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	35277

The wires from that are at the box attach to the connectors.

Name:	radio2.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	35278

Inside the box, the wires on the inside of the connector attach to the speaker.

Name:	radio3.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	35279

Howard

Comment

Ok. Still confused but if you say everything is good, I will take it. Thanks again

Comment

Sorry. The wires you are pointing to are the plugs for the theater seating plugs. Power leg lift, heat and message. The other wires go to the outside speakers. Don’t worry any more. I will let it go. I will enjoy camper anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X