Hanging pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging pictures

I am interested in hanging pictures in my 2021 Solitude 390RK. How do I do that?
    2021 Solitude 390RK

Welcome to the forum! We screwed right through the frame and into the wall. If I ever remove the pictures, I'll have to patch the holes.

I would not recommend Command Strips. I've seen photos of where they pulled the paper off the wall.

Jim

Here's a welcome letter to make your forum navigation a little easier.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-forum
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Layedback Welcome to the family and the forum!

Depending on the weight, you can use command hooks (velcro), double sided tape, or go thru the wall with a mounted hanger. I have put up various photos and signs around our 390. They make a funny shaped hook that goes thru the wall and rotates 90 degrees and would have the smallest intrusion into the wall. If you use anything adhesive. be sure and clean the wall at least twice with a high percentage rubbing alcohol. I don't know for sure, but I have the belief that their is some type of stain protectant on the luan. SWMBO has several that she wants mounted, but are too heavy for the adhesive mounts. Remember that it has to survive constant 5.5 earthquakes and the glass breaks when gravity wins.
      I'm not sure what your future intentions are, but everything that that I do to this at this point is considered in the view of how will it affect a trade in. This one I consider our "starter" 5er. I plan for our next one to be our last one.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks. This is going to be our only camper. We sold our house and bought this to be with our daughter and her family and leave memories for our grand daughter when we travel. We lived in Fayetteville NC for 35 years; now we are no-mads. 😆
        2021 Solitude 390RK

Comment

You can also replace the glass, in the frames with lightweight plastic. You can either buy a larger piece and cut it to size or, Wallyworld has inexpensive frames that have plastic in them. You could buy the cheap frame and just use the plastic from it. That would keep the hanging as light as possible.
          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

I have a few more questions to add to this Great first question along with answers and ideas on how to reduce weight protect from breakage.

2. How thick is the paneling in a circa 2020 29G Momentum? - there are some very high quality anchors out there but you need to know wall thickness.

2. How are the exterior walls constructed and what materials are used to construct interior and exterior walls? A pictures is worth a thousand words

3. How are the Interior walls constructed and what materials are used to construct interior and exterior walls? A pictures is worth a thousand words

4. If you do NOT want to use tape or glue, what kind of anchors have people found to work?

I'm adding towel and coat racks to make the rig more functional - IMO that will increase value of trailer.

2020 Momentum 29G

Comment

Originally posted by Layedback View Post
              Thanks. This is going to be our only camper. We sold our house and bought this to be with our daughter and her family and leave memories for our grand daughter when we travel. We lived in Fayetteville NC for 35 years; now we are no-mads. 😆
              Kelly grew up in Fayetteville (military brat). Her father retired as a Green Beret SGM.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Festus500 View Post
                I have a few more questions to add to this Great first question along with answers and ideas on how to reduce weight protect from breakage.

2. How thick is the paneling in a circa 2020 29G Momentum? - there are some very high quality anchors out there but you need to know wall thickness.

2. How are the exterior walls constructed and what materials are used to construct interior and exterior walls? A pictures is worth a thousand words

3. How are the Interior walls constructed and what materials are used to construct interior and exterior walls? A pictures is worth a thousand words

4. If you do NOT want to use tape or glue, what kind of anchors have people found to work?

I'm adding towel and coat racks to make the rig more functional - IMO that will increase value of trailer.

2020 Momentum 29
                I am not sure of the thickness of the interior paneling , but will be less than 1/4". All of the exterior walls will be laminated on the 29G. This means that the exterior and interior panels will be laminated to the wall structure , aluminum frame work. In the space between the interior and exterior panels there will be white rigid foam. Using a slip thru anchor that expands inside the wall may be a little tricky with the foam inside the wall. Using a stud finder you will be able to locate studs in the walls to anchor items to.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If I remember correctly, I used the small plastic type anchors in the the bathroom to install the towel racks. I’m talking about the straight skinny anchors you insert after pre drilling.the interior bathroom walls shouldn’t have any styrofoam that could get in the way.
                  Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
                  2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
                  2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Interior walls are wood construction (2x2 if I remember correctly) but don't expect typical uniform spacing. Sheeting on each side is 1/4" or less. Stud finder will work, just be aware of where there may be vent pipes for the plumbing, and using a locality sensor for electric wiring is also a good idea. Many of us have mounted backer boards to the wall surfaces, anchored to the studs, and then hung the towel rods, coat hangers and so on to these. It is unlikely that you'll find studs in either outer or inner walls where you want them.
                    John
                    2018 Momentum 395M
                    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                      Interior walls are wood construction...
                      Only true for the Transcend line, John. All the rest of the GD products have aluminum framed walls with foam sandwiched between thin layers of paneling and the exterior.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Only true for the Transcend line, John. All the rest of the GD products have aluminum framed walls with foam sandwiched between thin layers of paneling and the exterior.
                        This is true for the exterior walls JBill9694 has mentioned the interior walls. All of the interior walls throughout GD lines are wooden structures.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

This is true for the exterior walls JBill9694 has mentioned the interior walls. All of the interior walls throughout GD lines are wooden structures.

Brian

Doh! I missed that nuance. My apologies, JBill9694 -- you're absolutely right.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thanks ALL for your assistance. A couple lessons observed.

General - I elected to use girthier plastic anchors for better holding power (#8 and #10). Good call on using an electricity finder. I made sure screws were not too long by testing with a depth probe. I also used the anchors that splay out two different ways (hilt and tip) - Home Depot. I found that exterior walls are more rigid than interior due to Styrofoam. Styrofoam did not get in way of anchor.

My apologies - I tried to load up a picture or two, but it is not working tonight

Comment

TheHarts -- moved your question to it's own thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...long-horns-how

Comment

Working...
                              X