Hanging pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festus500 View Post
    Thanks ALL for your assistance. A couple lessons observed.

General - I elected to use girthier plastic anchors for better holding power (#8 and #10). Good call on using an electricity finder. I made sure screws were not too long by testing with a depth probe. I also used the anchors that splay out two different ways (hilt and tip) - Home Depot. I found that exterior walls are more rigid than interior due to Styrofoam. Styrofoam did not get in way of anchor.

My apologies - I tried to load up a picture or two, but it is not working tonight
    I know it's been 4 months since Festus500 has been on the forum, but I'm attempting to hang a hand towel rack right now on the exterior wall of the bathroom on an Imagine 2800BH.

How long of a screw / anchor did you use? (Most of the anchor I have on hand are 1 1/4", and I feel those are too long)

I did find this on homedepot's site, they seem like they will work, and are only 1 in deep
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-Anco...oduct-overview

Is there 1 inch on the outside wall? I don't want to pierce the exterior lamination. That would be a horrible situation.
    It really boils down, how thick is the laminated wall on an Imagine?

I did find this 7/8th anchor as well:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/4-6-x-7-...3802/204273412

Just a note. The wife has given the no signal on mounting a piece of plywood to span the studs, and then mounting the towel bar. So wall anchors are my only option.
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

mpking
      Hi Mike,

I cannot find anything definitive on the thickness of the exterior walls of an Imagine. They are going to be in the 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" range. To be sure, a pair of calipers (or a loosely adjusted C clamp and count the turns to remove it) at a door or window would confirm this for sure. I would be inclined to use the coarse thread anchor (for hollow door) as shown in your first link. I have used these in drywall and they are much more secure than the expanding plastic anchor. This first style also comes in plastic.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

I know it's been 4 months since Festus500 has been on the forum, but I'm attempting to hang a hand towel rack right now on the exterior wall of the bathroom on an Imagine 2800BH.

How long of a screw / anchor did you use? (Most of the anchor I have on hand are 1 1/4", and I feel those are too long)

I did find this on homedepot's site, they seem like they will work, and are only 1 in deep
        https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-Anco...oduct-overview

Is there 1 inch on the outside wall? I don't want to pierce the exterior lamination. That would be a horrible situation.
        It really boils down, how thick is the laminated wall on an Imagine?

I did find this 7/8th anchor as well:
        https://www.homedepot.com/p/4-6-x-7-...3802/204273412

Just a note. The wife has given the no signal on mounting a piece of plywood to span the studs, and then mounting the towel bar. So wall anchors are my only option.
        MPKing - For EACH wall I planned to hang pictures and coat racks etc, I drilled a small hole and measured the depth with a machinist caliper. I used girthier plastic style anchors that I trimmed to custom length and used shorter screws that I purchased separately. Note after doing this work I drove from FL to AK up the ALCAN highway - none of this work budged. Message me if you need help.
        Last edited by Country Campers; 09-13-2021, 05:35 AM. Reason: Please do not put phone numbers in posts.

Comment

Festus500

I removed the phone number from your post above. Use the private message feature for off board communications.

Also please post some photos of the items that you used for these installations.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
          X