Stain Colors - 2019 315RLTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stain Colors - 2019 315RLTS

The DW recently experimented with stain colors to match the interior trim on our 2019 315RLTS. Below is the results for two (of the many!) stain shades.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9 Stains.JPG Views:	358 Size:	338.3 KB ID:	38132
    Click image for larger version  Name:	9 Stains 2.JPG Views:	345 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	38131

Click image for larger version  Name:	9 Stains 3.JPG Views:	513 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	38130
    Last edited by howson; 02-24-2023, 06:32 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

What is the color designation for your trailer? Ours is a "Chatham Maple". After looking at the parts site, is yours Brazilian Walnut and Brazillian Maple?
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
      What is the color designation for your trailer? Ours is a "Chatham Maple". After looking at the parts site, is yours Brazilian Walnut and Brazillian Maple?
      Beats me, Jerry. If the paneling and trim in the kitchen/living area is observed with a critical eye there could be a dozen different shades and colors. Somehow it all works--it "feels good" being in the environment--but it took my DW's patient persistence to find a stain match to the interior in my 2019 (built to 2018 specs) for the refrigerator project.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        The DW recently experimented with stain colors to match the interior trim on our 2019 315RLTS. Below is the results for two (of the many!) stain shades.
        Quite the challenge. Give her a hug.
        What were the two final stain names or product numbers you ended up with and how many coats.
        Thanks
        Keith
        Last edited by howson; 03-28-2022, 06:40 AM.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hello Guys,
          Well, stain colors. If my 2018 303 is the same stain colors as yours, here is the name, etc.
          Black stain is called Black #2. (Mohawk M280-0224)
          The lighter stain is called Universal Cherry. (Mohawk M280-0391)

Steve
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Superduty; 12-19-2020, 01:52 PM. Reason: Adding picture of stain pen’s
          Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

howson looking at doing some refreshing of stains on some doors and drawers especially on edges. The markers are not cutting it. Did you remove the doors and sand first? If so, what grit did you use?
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
            Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
              howson looking at doing some refreshing of stains on some doors and drawers especially on edges. The markers are not cutting it. Did you remove the doors and sand first? If so, what grit did you use?
              Haven't redone any cabinets (yet). The stain matching documented in this thread was for a new piece of trim. Our OEM cabinets are definitely worn so "it's on the list".

Comment

Ok. will follow up if anything works for our cabinets and will share as we have same era finishes.
                Vivian
                2018 Reflection 303rls
                Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                Demco Recon

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	9 Stains.JPG Views:	358 Size:	338.3 KB ID:	38132
                  Click image for larger version Name:	9 Stains 2.JPG Views:	345 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	38131

Click image for larger version Name:	9 Stains 3.JPG Views:	513 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	38130
                  Maybe I missed it, but what stain colors did you finally decide was closest?
                  Keith
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                    Maybe I missed it...
                    LOL...look at the pics again, Keith. It's 4 and either 8 or 7, depending on what color being referenced.

Comment

LOL...look at the pics again, Keith. It's 4 and either 8 or 7, depending on what color being referenced.
                      Unfortunately I cant clearly read the can labels very well I am eyeball challenged - or I need to clean my glasses. Is it Special Walnut 224 and Ebony 2718? Then again I probably need to check to se if my trim is the same as yours - it looks close. The cabinet that fell apart in Alaska - my quick fix fell apart again. scuffed up the frame a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Unfortunately I cant clearly read the can labels very well...
                        Gotcha--now I understand. I should have listed the stain names along with the numbers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	171
Size:	911.6 KB
ID:	120540

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	165
Size:	917.4 KB
ID:	120541

Howard

Comment

Working...
                        X