Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding the folding countertop extension to the 2017 Imagine 2600RB

howson Howard,

Not sure where this request should have been posted so move it accordingly.

I've recently purchased the folding countertop extension for our 2017 Imagine 2600RB where if originally equipped, there would have been supports added to the cabinet. Was hoping someone with this option originally installed from GDRV could provide a picture of the inside cabinet support. Or perhaps GDRV could provide the instructions they provide to the dealers in the installation.

Jim

I've been eye'ing this as well for my 2800BH
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
      I've been eye'ing this as well for my 2800BH
      Mike,

There are two different folding mechanisms for this option. A single or a double that locks in place. The double has a numerically lower part number (still could be the latest revision) but is a better design so I opted for this one even though the leg looks to be shorter.

Jim
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Guest is adding a flip-up countertop extension to his 2017 2600RB. Is it possible to ask the factory to take a few pictures of how an extension is installed on a new 2600RB? Specifically I think Jim is looking for how the backer support is configured so he can duplicate an OEM installation.

Any related information to assist his project will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
        Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	2600RB.JPG
Views:	1002
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	41731

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
          howson Howard,

Not sure where this request should have been posted so move it accordingly.

I've recently purchased the folding countertop extension for our 2017 Imagine 2600RB where if originally equipped, there would have been supports added to the cabinet. Was hoping someone with this option originally installed from GDRV could provide a picture of the inside cabinet support. Or perhaps GDRV could provide the instructions they provide to the dealers in the installation.

Jim
          Jim,

My 2019 2150RBS has a similar setup to what you want. There is a 3/4" X 5" piece of cabinet frame material backing the area where the extension brackets are attached. I would guess that the board is at best MDF material not plywood. I had to take out a drawer under the sink to get into the area in question. The picture I tried to get was not very helpful so I didn't attach it. It looks as if the backer board is glued to the thin cabinet side material (can't see any signs of pins or screws). Can't tell if there is any kind of joint attachment to the cabinet frame. You might be able to use fender washers or a piece of 3/16" aluminum flat bar to make a backer for the screws/bolts you use. Not alot of working room but it is doable. Good luck.

Norm
          Norm & Karla
          2019 Imagine 2150rb
          2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
          2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

Oregon Fun-Guy Norm,

Thank you for the feedback, I do not have drawers under my sink where its cabinet doors so there will be room to get in there. I will plan on tying in the backer to the corner vertical frame on each side. Not seeing screws confirms they are using something like liquid nails to attach the backer.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Brittany
              Guest I can offer a print of your unit in the location of where you are installing the flip-up counter extension. However, this is considered a modification to the unit, we are not able to advise on that any further than a print. Would you like a print for this project?
              Brittany,

Yes a print would be great.

Thank you.

Jim

Comment

Jim, here is a pic of under the sink in our 2021 2600RB. Look as though they used the same 1/2 inch material they use for the cabinets, it is about 4 inches wide and is screwed in on both ends. DO not know how you are going to get those rear screws in but it is really well mounted, very solid. Ours has the double arms and is very stable. Good luck!
                flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Pics did not stick to post so here they are, oops.
                  flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by David Nicolls View Post
                    Pics did not stick to post so here they are, oops.
                    David,

Thank you so much!

Jim

Comment

Back when I did cabinet work in home construction, I had a 12" bit extension (its still in the toolbox) for reaching screws in hard to reach spots or upper cabinet top screws where I did not have to get a stool. You would be amazed at what a long bit will help with.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...1050/100645486 and https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-M...H2MI/300702561 would be the 2 tools I start with. I do use the #2 Robertson (square) drive screws. Kreg screws.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                        Back when I did cabinet work in home construction, I had a 12" bit extension (its still in the toolbox) for reaching screws in hard to reach spots or upper cabinet top screws where I did not have to get a stool. You would be amazed at what a long bit will help with.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...1050/100645486 and https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-M...H2MI/300702561 would be the 2 tools I start with. I do use the #2 Robertson (square) drive screws. Kreg screws.
                        Great advice. I have a bit extension and hope it will clear the sink when installing pocket screws. Otherwise I may need to use a hex head screw with a ratchet. I was thinking of using liquid nails on the backer board to the inside cabinet. What's your thoughts?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-Da...1012/203811090

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Great advice. I have a bit extension and hope it will clear the sink when installing pocket screws. Otherwise I may need to use a hex head screw with a ratchet. I was thinking of using liquid nails on the backer board to the inside cabinet. What's your thoughts?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-Da...1012/203811090

Jim
                          Since Spade bits (AKA wood bits) use the same 1/4" shank that will work. I do suggest the long bits though for reaching into the pockets. 4" work, but 6" are much better.

Not a fan of Liquid Nails. Tends to get hard and brittle not to mention the cure time in confined spaces is a lot longer that advertised. You can us any of your favorite silicones and do almost the same thing. Personally I like expanding urethane glues. HOWEVER be advise that stuff grows like insulating foam and sticks to just about anything. I modify the instructions a touch and wet both surfaces.

Not certain on the inside surfaces of the cabinet, but if its not raw wood, any glue will only cause the printed wall paper covering to peel off over time. The screws will do all of the work.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

The backer that you are wanting to install under the sink is just that , a backer. The only real job it is doing is adding thickness to the otherwise thin side of the cupboard. I would think that 4 or six screws would be all you would need. I agree with Jlawles2 about the liquid nail and such , the "coating" on the "wood" might peel right off. Maybe just bolt right thru with fender washers on the inside.

Brian

PS: Bring it down here to Pa. , I have everything you would need for the install.
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

@Country Campers I think the backer is there to keep the brackets from possibly punching through the ultra thin sheeting on the cabinet.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X