Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Garment Hooks to RV Bathroom (2021 GD Imagine 17MKE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Garment Hooks to RV Bathroom (2021 GD Imagine 17MKE)

We have a 2021 GD Imagine 17MKE. I need additional walls hook in the bathroom to hang wet items up to dry. I'm having difficulty finding any hooks that will stick to the wall board (I've tried a variety of Command hooks and they won't stick). Any suggestions?

Originally posted by mamawbrown1980@gmail.com View Post
    We have a 2021 GD Imagine 17MKE. I need additional walls hook in the bathroom to hang wet items up to dry. I'm having difficulty finding any hooks that will stick to the wall board (I've tried a variety of Command hooks and they won't stick). Any suggestions?
    I tried the command hooks on the wallboard in my 2970RL, for hanging a towel, and I had the same results as you. They would not stick for very long. I finally stuck them to the side of the wood cabinet with good results. I also stuck some on the plastic shower wall with good results. If you find a way to get them to stick to the wallboard I would really like to know what it is as I would like to add some more hooks.

Bob
    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by mamawbrown1980@gmail.com View Post
      If you don't mind drilling a hole, you can use wall mollies designed for the thin plywood
      Click image for larger version

Name:	toggels.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	45196

Hope this helps
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by RJAPCOK View Post

If you find a way to get them to stick to the wallboard I would really like to know what it is as I would like to add some more hooks.

Bob
        mamawbrown1980@gmail.com

If you find a Command Strip that will stick to the wallpaper . . . you will quite likely pull the wallpaper off the luan plywood underneath. This has been reported by several owners.
        Best to use a screw into a wall stud or a toggle anchor as Yoda Keith suggests.

Rob

Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X