Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum toy hauler sliding door security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum toy hauler sliding door security?

Interested in knowing how toy hauler owners secure their sliding glass doors to patio at night or when absent from site. Do you close up patio every night? Is the included latch fairly secure or are there ways to add security to doors in addition to latch provided? Thanks!

OffToHavasu -- any input for Linda Hedrick ?

d2reid and JBill9694 - your Momentum's are a bit older but do you have any tricks or tips to share?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you're talking about the 3 season door, we have not left the patio open at night. Only reason being, we haven't put up anything (yet) to block the sun coming in during sunrise (my kids will be up at the first hint of light). However, we do leave it open if we go out for walks through out the day, etc. The latch is MORE than enough to secure the door. In reality, if they wanted to get it, the glass and what not would be easier to get through than the latch.
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

We've opted not to use our ramp door as a rear deck (ramp is up and locked when we are parked), so I'll bow to Curtis's experience on this question.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

LOL, the 376 does not have a sliding door/deck.
          2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
          2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
          E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
          Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

I don't feel the door is a security door at all, given the type of latch it has (not even a lock). I will always close the ramp if I have security concerns. The windows are lightweight, and if the screens are left as the upper panel, it is trivial to cut the screen and release the latch.

Much harder to get through a huge ramp door
            ==============
            Grand Design RV National Owners’ Rally: http://www.gdrvnationalrally.com
            Grand Design RV Mid-Atlantic Owners’ Rally: http://www.gdmarally.com
            Current GDRV: 2023 Solitude 391-DLR, Midnight FBP
            Previous GDRV's: 2016 Solitude 375RE, 2021 Momentum 397TH-R
            No tow vehicle!

Comment

We do the same. If we have security concerns, we close and lock the ramp. Because our kids sleep in the happy-jack bunks, we usually close the ramp door at night as well due to security concerns.
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Thanks to all that responded. I feel like I got the answer I needed. Really appreciate it ☺️

Comment

Working...
                X