No announcement yet.

Risk of kitchen island collapse - Solitude 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crespro Cabinet build quality never ceases to amaze me. That actually scares me a bit. Is this the island or the coffee bar? From what I see, the 1/8" paneling on the floor is there just as a partial seal for the ducting. Likewise the end panel support is extremely questionable. It's hard to tell by the picture with the angle in there, but is that a 1/8" wall sitting on the toe board? If so, is there any additional blocking in the bottom of the end panel (worries me that nails are only thing holding the parts together) to help carry the loads? Did you investigate the top of the end panel to see if it goes to the counter top (looking for load path to toe)?

This make me want to go pull the island drawers in my 303 out and look up now. I know the floor is a solid piece.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 This is the rear section of our island. There are two 3/4 inch boards under the 1/4 inch floor board. The three floor screws are placed in the two baseboards. The angle iron has screws in the end 3/4 inch board and the base rests on the two 3/4 inch boards. It should be there for the life of the RV, with no problem. It clears the bottom drawer rail and DW is pleased it is not visible.

This is probably more than is needed, but it was a quick and easy mod. Safe is usually better. The front end of our island has 1 inch of maple plywood from floor to countertop on each side of the dishwasher, so it is quite strong.
      2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by 60hud View Post
        hi Rob, we have a 2021 310gk and are currently in the process of rebuilding our island right now. Approximately 3000 miles on unit so far and not good results.

when we took delivery the tires were inflated to 110psi which in my opinion is way too much. It"s been quite the process trying to get things fixed. Very disappointed with selling dealer and will never go back.
        Hi,

One of the moderators brought it to my attention that you were addressing me. This is best achieved by using the "Quote" function at the bottom right of my last post.

We have not had any issues with our island (yet), so can't help you there. 110PSI is the specified inflation for load range G tires on your trailer per its GVWR - don't lower the pressure unless you have wheel-by-wheel weights (such as from the Escapees SmartWeigh program) and an inflation chart from you tire manufacturer to guide you in adjusting the inflation pressure for each tire according to their actual weight.

Rob

Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I wanted to follow up on my disappointment with my center island and the collapse on one end. I had time to dig into this project and found that only 2, 2”, #10 screws attach the island to the base. In my case the decorative end panel had popped off and was damaged also ( it is only held on with pin nails). The island has a 3/4”x3x4” strip between the 3/4” side panel (which is what is behind the decretive panel) and the base. The screws go through the 3/4” side panel, through the 3/4” spacer and finally into the base of the island. As you can see by the picture both screws sheared off and split the spacer board as well as pulled almost all the way through the 3/4” side panel. This was on the drawer side so the only thing holding the side up was the rails of the drawers and the pluming of the sink. I only rebuilt the one side since the other seemed to be ok.
          I used 1x2’s to do the repair along with number 8 11/4” screws, number 10 11/4, 11/2” screws, and glue. I ended up attaching three side support stripes to the side panel vertically using the number 8 screws. I ran three 1x2 along the base frame extended to the end panel, attaching them with screws and glue. The vertical braces rested on the wood strips I attached to the base frame. I then attached the end panel to base wood I installed using three #10 screws.

There is much more to discuss, like the rebuild of the drawer supports that were, and we poorly built that also completely came apart, the interior partition and the plumbing. Needless to say this is one of those things that if it happens to you will cost you countless hours of work and if you have to pay for the repair could get very expensive. Everything is done on the inside so it cannot be seen.
          Last edited by drifterranch; 12-17-2022, 11:46 AM.
          2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

drifterranch

Please edit your post and put a space in between the # sign and the number you are referencing, see the highlighted "visitor message" in your post above.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              drifterranch

Please edit your post and put a space in between the # sign and the number you are referencing, see the highlighted "visitor message" in your post above.

Brian
              Just did, I was wondering why that happened. thanks
              2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
              X