Slide on a 320MKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide on a 320MKS

We bought a new 2019 Grand Design 320MKS. We were in the process of storing the camper and tried to put in the kitchens slide while the spacer to keep the refrigerator doors open were in place (the spacers are the ones that came with the Dometic refrigerator) the facial trim will hit the door handle and rip both the handles and the trim. Our dealer contacted Grand Design and was told to leave the slide out. That is not an acceptable answer. We do not think you should leave the slide out while it is in storage. Does any one have any suggestions?

I just put a folded towel over the doors to barely keep them open. All you need is a slight opening to allow ventilation.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Dale

If possible close the fridge doors and bring slide in then if you can reach around the end of the slide and open one of the doors. Important to make sure the doors are closed before opening the slide.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey, new to the forum here. I purchased the same model three weeks ago. We took our first trip a week after that. When we got back I blocked the doors and carefully and slowly closed the slide. It cleared by about an inch. I store it in my yard under a large carport type awning so I don’t have to transport it so the doors won’t move.
        By the way this is our second Reflection. We traded our 2017 Reflection 303RLS. Love the extra space of the 320. We also installed a rounded king sleep number mattress.
        Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
        (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
        2012 GMC 2500HD
        B&W Turnover ball
        Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Comment

• Country Campers
          Country Campers commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Brian

• howson
          howson commented
          Editing a comment
          Quoting James Taylor in your signature line...yep, glad to have you here!

Hi All...
        I was one of the very first of this model to order. from GD....It was called 307 MKS then in 2017, my unit was #3 off the line. In fact, my unit was one of the only units that came with a 8 cf frig. standard.
        The 12 cf was an expensive option and the rig has a 2 cf AC frig outside. We like the extra cabinets next to the frig for storing tall deep items and really don't need such a large frig. anyways.
        With the frig on the back wall, both slides weigh within a hundred pounds of each other. No leaning or suspension issues, and the frig runs great on propane while driving.

I always travel wt a small 3.5 cf freezer that tucks under the island when parked and travels on the slide. I find this crucial for long term trips, so I can vacuum bag & deep freeze most of what we need and it really comes in handy when you score some goodies on the road or for long boon-docking stays.
        I was halibut fishing in Oregon and landed a 35 lb er. First mate cut and bagged it all up and we had halibut for 6 months from Port Newport to home in South Florida.

I don't have the issue with the dual doors because the slide doesn't reach the handles, but you may want to try putting some Damp Rid bags into frig & freezer to absorb any humidity from creating mold.

Michael

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170829_131157 (2).jpg
Views:	590
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	4896
        F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

2017 307 MKS 9,875 UVW 12,995 GVWR 1,605 Pin wt.

Comment

Working...
        X