sofa bed head slops down on 2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    Hey thanks for the tip I'm just a typical anal mechanical engineer, just ask my wife I engineer the heck out of everything. Once again as a engineer there will be little load at the top being most body weight is at the main support rail. I actually have some 1" aluminum extruded tubing that will work for that. Question on the legs did you have the adjustable legs? if so did you still need to cut them down? I adjusted mine all the way down but does appear to have a small hump at the second section.
    Yes, our legs were adjustable....you can barely see the 6 adjustment holes on my one picture. The pieces I had to cutoff to get the couch level were from the legs......the portion w/o the holes where the legs with the holes slides into.

You can see the burred shinny end of the tube where I cut one of the four legs after reattaching. Also better picture of the legs with holes

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

thanks again Ill let you know how it works looks pretty simple
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

OMGoodness...my daughter and grand babies were coming on our inaugural voyage of our ‘21 297rsts then my daughter saw the slope of the couch and said I’ll have to fix that if I want to see my grand babies in my Grand Design.....so....all tips and photos are greatly appreciated. Was about to start adding layers of latex foam like we added to bedroom mattress to level it out.

Erik.
        Erik & Tea
        2021 Reflection 297RSTS
        2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
        ProPride hitch

Comment

I've leveled the folding legs per Dan to eliminate the mid section hump and at some point need to shim at the wall so the entire bed sits level. We put our grand kids on this bed and the next morning they are all over the place. I believe they could sleep on most anything and still be comfortable. I vaguely remember those days.

Jim

Comment

I fixed mine I needed to add a 1" aluminum tube at the fold down cushion which raised that section so when you fold it down its level with the next section. My foldout legs are adjusted level to fit flat on the floor, this section is still higher then the rest. We bought a 3" memory foam mattress topper, here is the link Linenspa Essentials 3 in. Zoned Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper-LSES30QQ30ZNGT - The Home Depot extremely comfortable. Fits under our bed when we need to take it when we have company. We actually bought a quean for our bed and with a mattress pad the bed is very comfortable.
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
              I fixed mine I needed to add a 1" aluminum tube at the fold down cushion which raised that section so when you fold it down its level with the next section. My foldout legs are adjusted level to fit flat on the floor, this section is still higher then the rest. We bought a 3" memory foam mattress topper, here is the link Linenspa Essentials 3 in. Zoned Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper-LSES30QQ30ZNGT - The Home Depot extremely comfortable. Fits under our bed when we need to take it when we have company. We actually bought a quean for our bed and with a mattress pad the bed is very comfortable.
              We lay down a heavy sleeping bag on the couch/bed for a base for the grandkids where it stows easily in the storage area by the door. For cushions we still need to have high quality foam installed in the dinette cushions since the foam used in those is poor quality.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X