Theater seats Heat and Vibrate options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theater seats Heat and Vibrate options

The theater seats/recliners in our 311BHS have blue lights, heat and massage capability. The controls are touch buttons in front of the cup holders. We can't tell if the heat option is on or off because the settings are indicated by how bright the lights get and the amount of heat generated isn't much. Off has a minimum brightness rather than no lights on at all. Because the light intensity between off and high also is negligible, we can never be sure that the heat is off. So we use the breaker to turn off power to the receptacle behind the recliners to make sure we haven't left them on. The problem with that is it's a GFCI receptacle and it's tied into every other GFCI receptacle (Island, outside main, outside kitchen, pass through), so they won't work either. Short of unplugging the recliners and just not using the lights/heat/massage features, does anyone have another solution? Thanks in advance.
    2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax 3310LB Payload
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Hey -
    We have the same challenge with our seats, too.

We are thinking of trying this idea;, using a short extension cord that has a remote on/off switch.

We haven't climbed back there yet to know if this idea would work or what the plug situation looks like.

Maybe someone could comment or has a better idea.

Thanks,
    -- Chip

https://www.amazon.com/HBN-Wireless-...2YPCPEPYCVA02G
    Grand Design-Imagine
    2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

Comment

Originally posted by RobWNY View Post
      ...Short of unplugging the recliners and just not using the lights/heat/massage features, does anyone have another solution? Thanks in advance.
      My only comment is that on ours, I push the button until I can tell it is on high, and then I push it one more time. Also, I have found that if you leave it on, ours will shut off after about 15 minutes. I also thought of the "remote outlet" mentioned by Chipster. I use these devices in my house to control various items. One in particular that I use has an "on/off" timer with a remote fob so you can set it to turn on and off automatically at various times, or manually with the remote fob. Here is a link to one such device, without the automatic timer, at WalMart.com

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HyperToug...075G/297302213

Bob
      Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
      2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Thanks Chipster and RJAPCOK for the replies. Using an On/Off switch of some sort is a great idea. I'll have to give some thought to what kind. The one shown on Walmart would work fine I'm sure. The recliners just have one 3 prong plug that goes in a standard receptacle on the floor. The seats are quite heavy for what they are so I don't want to be moving them very often.

Comment

Just a quick followup. I decided to buy one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's rated for 15A where the Walmart one is rated for 10A. Because of the heat/massage feature in the recliners, I thought I better go with the one rated for more amperage. This one is waterproof and can be used outside as well. Thanks again for the input!

Comment

We had the same issue. We plugged a power strip with a long cord and can turn it off and on at the side of the seating. It takes long arms to reach the plug behind the seating.

Comment

Same issue. My dogs see us coming and stand on the controls looking out the window. The other day, I heard a noise which I thought was the subwoofer. Turns out the message had been turned on for a while. Kind of a miss if you ask me.

Comment

RobWNY Howard had issues with that remote setup. Seems it looses the programming between the remote and the base every time the base looses power.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...et-mini-review

Right now mine are unplugged. I'm thinking about doing the power strip as it can be turned on and off with your foot if done carefully.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

I'm not sure if posting links here is okay, but I came across a guy in a Facebook group who makes covers for the buttons. You can find them on Etsy. Search Thomas Payne button guards.

Rodney and Kathy
                  2021 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Jim
                    Seemed like every time we got too close to the theater seat controls, we would turn on one of the functions and usually is was the heat. We purchased an inexpensive wireless remote control power strip from Wal-Mart and use it to power the theater seats. Now we leave the power off to the seats until we want to use them. The remote control is stored in a cup holder for easy access.

Comment

Thank you. I just ordered a pair.

Comment

Working...
                      X