2250RK Cabinet Mod - Garbage Can Drawer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2250RK Cabinet Mod - Garbage Can Drawer

Information for this mod taken from https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...imagine-2250rk and from a YouTube video showing what the cabinet looks like before the mod. -Howard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's only been a few weeks and I've made some minor improvements for the 2250RK (pictured below) like ...the added pull-out trash can. ....this is part of the fun of owning an RV for me. I enjoy doing these things and now that I have a Grand Design,

BEFORE

Click image for larger version

Name:	2250RK Cabinet 1.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	48007

Name:	2250RK Cabinet 2.JPG
Views:	1050
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	48006
    AFTER

Name:	2250RK Modification.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	48008

The kit I purchased from Amazon; https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by howson; 03-28-2021, 04:41 PM.
    Marcus aka Scribby

I had to trim the inside edges of the cabinet opening to get this to fit, but otherwise was easy to fit a large trash can. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

I like this mod so much, I may find an alternate location to Stowe my wife's espresso machine while in transit Could you possibly take a close up of the trimming you had to do to the cabinet to make this fit...
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
      USMC Veteran

Comment

I wonder if this one would be a better fit and not require any trimming of the cabinet opening as it is 1/2" narrower?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
        Jeff and Debbie
        2021 Imagine 2250RK
        USMC Veteran

Comment

I had to trim about 1/4 inch on each side, but there is plenty of cabinet door to cover the trim. For the alternative you show above, you would still have 1/8 inch of trimming on each side and 20 quart smaller can. I can add a close up later today for you.
          Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

Heavysledz Here's the close up on the trim and a view of how I modified handle locations to balance the look.
            Attached Files
            Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

scribby No plans to do this, but background in cabinets. Did you need to mod the face frame of the cabinet, or could you have set the slide back from the front and on the drawer itself? Sounds odd, but those full extensions do have a bit of play between the various sections and their mating component to do things like that.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 I just took another look, and I may have been able to reduce the trimming by maybe 1/4 inch if I move the bracket to more inside the cabinet, but that would necessitate adding a block or bracket to secure the front end of the primary slide bracket. There would still have been trimming needed because of the size of the frame that holds the can. The photo above seems to show more trimming than necessary because the drawer is fully extended out of the cabinet face.
                Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

scribby, thank you for the pics....however, I am still confused as to why you think going with this model would still require trimming as it is 1/2" narrower than the model you purchased which should negate the 1/4 of trimming you did on each side??? Am I missing something.....

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Heavysledz My bad, I thought the difference was only 1/4. The only reason then to go with the model I got is for the extra 20 quarts of can volume.
                    Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

scribby I figured you would need to add a mounting block behind the face frame. Back when I was doing cabinet work, we would support at 2 places on each side. Looking at what you have there, it might have saved you from cutting up the face if you had moved the slides down to the bottom and about mid way up. The bottom slides could have supported a shelf for the can, then the top slides could have supported a guide to keep the can aligned. As usual hind sight is always 20/20.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                      X