Furniture Replacement in a 2017 Reflection 297RSTS Travel Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture Replacement in a 2017 Reflection 297RSTS Travel Trailer

We enjoyed the original furniture in our trailer, but felt that it was a little "tight" and could be more comfortable and functional. The dinette felt cramped, and the chairs were not very comfortable. The "theater seating" was okay for watching television, but was a not very conducive to reading. In addition, there was zero storage space allocated on the slide.

So we replaced the dinette chairs with booths. The booths have storage under the seat which is a great feature. We also replaced the theater seating with a recliner and an end table with a reading light. This is much more comfortable and really meets our needs. You do lose one seat with this configuration, but since it's usually only the two of us, that's not a problem.

The dinette booths and recliner are from a company called RecPro. We selected "mohagany" as the color. They also have a darker color available which might a better match to existing furniture if you're just replacing one piece. The end table was from Amazon.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Very nice job guys. This is giving us something to talk about.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Very nice Jim! Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
      Kevin

Comment

Hey again Jim....

LOVE those booths !!!!
        IDK why I ordered the table and chairs and have been thinking about building a booth until I saw this !!!
        VERY CLASSY !! ....

Michael.....
        and, Thanks for the warm and funny welcome to the "new hood " !!
        Last edited by Da Breeze; 10-09-2019, 04:20 PM.
        F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

2017 307 MKS 9,875 UVW 12,995 GVWR 1,605 Pin wt.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Breeze View Post
          Hey again Jim....

LOVE those booths !!!!
          IDK why I ordered the table and chairs and have been thinking about building a booth until I saw this !!!
          VERY CLASSY !! ....

Michael.....
          and, Thanks for the warm and funny welcome to the "new hood " !!
          I was gonna build my own also. But when I found the RecPro models, I was sold.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Jim, those look great and comfortable. Question, what is at the end now where the couch used to be? Is it still there? Is there a chair for Ginnie?
            Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
            2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
            2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post
              Jim, those look great and comfortable. Question, what is at the end now where the couch used to be? Is it still there? Is there a chair for Ginnie?
              The couch is still there, and that's where I prefer to sit when watching the tube. The recliner is hers. One thing we did was put table lamps on both ends of the couch and on the new end table. We hold them in place with "earthquake putty".

JIm
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

The couch is still there, and that's where I prefer to sit when watching the tube. The recliner is hers. One thing we did was put table lamps on both ends of the couch and on the new end table. We hold them in place with "earthquake putty".

JIm
                Makes sense. I like the lamps personally. Will get some one day.
                Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
                2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
                2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

JIm
                  Very nice. I never heard of "earthquake putty". Are you able to leave the lamp in place while you tow? We have a lamp that we stow when towing.
                  Dave
                  2016 Reflection 27RL
                  2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
                  B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

Originally posted by Dave27 View Post

Very nice. I never heard of "earthquake putty". Are you able to leave the lamp in place while you tow? We have a lamp that we stow when towing.
                    Dave
                    Yes, We put three lamps in place with a thin string of the putty. They had been there for about a year and never moved. When I sent the rig back to Indiana for repairs, we removed the lamps. The putty came right up and did not leave a mark. As soon as the rig was back we used fresh putty and put them back down. One of our doggies got very excited one day when a kitty walked behind the trailer. She bumped the lamp pretty hard and it popped loose. A little pressure and twist, and it was right back in place.

Once you install it, it's normal for the putty to ooze out from under the edge of the lamp. When that happens, I use a plastic spoon to scrape any excess away and it leaves no marks. A little bit goes a long way, so I'd suggest just ordering one pack.

Here is the brand we used:
                    https://smile.amazon.com/Quakehold-8...38&s=hi&sr=1-2

Jim
                    Jim and Ginnie
                    2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Jim,

The changes look very comfortable and home like. We like the booths in our Imagine where initially we were loading drinks and other heavy items under the seating to counter the kitchen side. Once I began reading of folks with tearing vinyl and slide out issues, we moved the heavier stuff to the front storage. The under seat storage is still great however, for lighter items. The Earthquake putty is a great idea. I may put in on my drivers seat the next time I travel down I-69 to the next rally.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X