2250RK theatre dinette table relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2250RK theatre dinette table relocation

The DW and I love the layout of the 2250RK and don't have much of a need for the folding table that is supposed to be used as a dining table. It is heavy and took up valuable storage space under the bed. It was a PITA to get it out if we wanted to use it and then had to put it away when we were done. So I decided to utilize the wasted space behind the theatre seats and create a storage location for the table.

I found some scrap 2x2 and used it to make a base frame for it to sit in and then used a another piece to create a latch to hold it in place. I put some felt pads on the wall and inside the base frame to keep it from rubbing while in transit. I also installed a handle on the table to help in carrying it.

For good measure, I threw some stain on it to try to blend it in with the floor tile a little better than raw pine...All-in-all, I am pleased with the end result. It got the table out of the under bed storage freeing up valuable real estate and utilized a space that would otherwise go unused.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4920.jpg Views:	21 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	49061
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 04-05-2021, 07:29 PM.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Jeff - nicely done.....great idea ! Thanks, for sharing the post and pictures.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

you bet.....so many others posting great ideas, I feel compelled to do the same.
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
        So I decided to utilize the wasted space behind the theatre seats and create a storage location for the table.
        Great Idea! We had the same problem but used a different solution. I put the table in the garage at home and now we use two standard size TV dinner folding tables to eat on and then put them behind the theatre seats where we stor two additional small folding bar stools in case we need to seat two additional people / visitors. FWIW, I also unplugged the two power supplies that fed the two theatre seats because we don't see much value in them and now have 4 additional 110v outlets at our disposal, which has turned out pretty handy. Travel Safely !!
        Last edited by howson; 04-06-2021, 06:48 PM. Reason: trimmed quote
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay โš“๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Great Idea! We had the same problem but used a different solution. I put the table in the garage at home and now we use two standard size TV dinner folding tables to eat on and then put them behind the theatre seats where we stor two additional small folding bar stools in case we need to seat two additional people / visitors. FWIW, I also unplugged the two power supplies that fed the two theatre seats because we don't see much value in them and now have 4 additional 110v outlets at our disposal, which has turned out pretty handy. Travel Safely !!
          We think alike....I also have 2 folding TV trays but I have them between the recliner and the cabinet. When I pulled the seats to do this mod I moved them away from the cabinet about another inch to make just enough space for both of them. I need to pick up some felt pads so that they don't rub on the cabinet or each other when they are stowed. I will post pictures once I get it completed.

I do like your thinking about adding a few folding bar stools for guests to use....I may have to do that too.

I thought about putting the recliners on a power strip but so far we haven't had too many issues with hitting the buttons by accident. I like the heated seats but the massage (i.e. vibrate) is worthless. The lights are ok if you need a nightlight but they are almost too bright!
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post

We think alike....I also have 2 folding TV trays but I have them between the recliner and the cabinet. When I pulled the seats to do this mod I moved them away from the cabinet about another inch to make just enough space for both of them. I need to pick up some felt pads so that they don't rub on the cabinet or each other when they are stowed. I will post pictures once I get it completed.

I do like your thinking about adding a few folding bar stools for guests to use....I may have to do that too.

I thought about putting the recliners on a power strip but so far we haven't had too many issues with hitting the buttons by accident. I like the heated seats but the massage (i.e. vibrate) is worthless. The lights are ok if you need a nightlight but they are almost too bright!
            Good stuff Jeff, Semper Fi ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโš“๏ธ
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
            GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
            SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay โš“๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Comment

Working...
            X