2021 Imagine 2250RK Spice Rack Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Imagine 2250RK Spice Rack Modification

I want to first give credit to scribby for giving me the idea of putting a rail or lip on the front of the small "Spice Rack" as I call it on the left end of the kitchen counter. The rack is pretty much useless for storing anything while in transit since it had nothing preventing things from falling out.

I took scribby idea and went a little bit different direction than he did and end up using some extra Fir shipping that I had laying in the bone yard, I cut them to length and mixed some Minwax stains I also had laying around until I got what I felt was the right amount of grey and brown highlights to match the stock trim color.

I had contemplated hot gluing them in but was afraid that over time the glue would break loose of the stock trim so I again Doug into my staff of junk and decided to use thumb tacks. I used a C-clamp to press them in from the back side and they feel like they are holding as well as brad nails....

Anyways, I thought I would share a simple project that I did with repurposed wood and some left over stain and thumb tacks....

Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 04-05-2021, 07:25 PM.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Looks good. Like the Idea of thumb tacks. One of my favorite adhesives is urethane glue. Just don't get it on you.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Looks good. Like the Idea of thumb tacks. One of my favorite adhesives is urethane glue. Just don't get it on you.
      Thanks, I though about gluing them in but didn't want anything that permanent just yet until it passes the DW test and we use it a time or 2 to see if it is what we wanted.
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Wow, That looks awesome!
        Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
          I want to first give credit to scribby for giving me the idea of putting a rail or lip on the front of the small "Spice Rack" as I call it on the left end of the kitchen counter. The rack is pretty much useless for storing anything while in transit since it had nothing preventing things from falling out.

I took scribby idea and went a little bit different direction than he did and end up using some extra Fir shipping that I had laying in the bone yard, I cut them to length and mixed some Minwax stains I also had laying around until I got what I felt was the right amount of grey and brown highlights to match the stock trim color.

I had contemplated hot gluing them in but was afraid that over time the glue would break loose of the stock trim so I again Doug into my staff of junk and decided to use thumb tacks. I used a C-clamp to press them in from the back side and they feel like they are holding as well as brad nails....

Anyways, I thought I would share a simple project that I did with repurposed wood and some left over stain and thumb tacks....

Wow, looks great. Congrats. We haven't experience any difficulties with using the rack as OEM designed but if anything changes we know now how to attack the problem. Thanks again!
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
          GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
          SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
          X