Panel on side of bed not attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel on side of bed not attached

On my 2021 GD Reflection 337RLS, I have repaired several issues we found on our shake down trips. The latest was found when I had to repair loose wires for the bedroom slide reading lights. This led to the discovery of 2 collapsed bed slide rollers with a 3rd one loose. This led to the discovery of the left side bed panel not attached near the head of the bed. When I removed the plywood from the top end of the bed, I could see many staples in the panel, but no staple holes in the frame. That tells me it was never completely attached. And it also became apparent that the bed frame itself needed additional bracing to support the plywood and mattress. So I first installed 2 braces on each side f the bed between the top and bottom frame members. Then I removed the staples from the panel, applied a bead of Liquid Nails to the frame, then screwed the panel with about a dozen black screws. While I had the plywood loose, I installed some insulation in the void area, then reinstalled the plywood. I noticed that the mattress, only 2 months old, was showing wear where the hinges for the storage space is, so I covered all the hinge screws and other screws in the plywood with gorilla tape. Hopefully I'm now through with all the repairs in the bedroom.
    Ricky & Tresa
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2007 Ford F350 SRW
    The Girls (cats) Gracie, Annie, & Gypsy
Working...
X