Floor creaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor creaking

My GD 150 series 295RL floor creeks when walking past the kitchen island. Has anyone experienced floor creaking, if so what did you do to eliminate the creaking?

OTapia295 not sure about your particular unit, but I have noticed over the years that if your jacks are not all firmly down and fairly level, the floors can be subject to noise, creaks, etc.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Cate&Rob -- haven't I read you had these same squeaks in your 303RLS' floor? I can't remember what (if anything) you did that fixed the issue.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Cate&Rob -- haven't I read you had these same squeaks in your 303RLS' floor? I can't remember what (if anything) you did that fixed the issue.
        Floor squeaks in Reflection and larger 5th wheels is typically between the aluminum floor frame and the OSB flooring. The Reflection 150 Series uses a laminated floor (like your Reflection TT). I wonder if the noise that the OP is hearing, is between the laminated floor structure and the island fastened to it ?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by OTapia295 View Post
          My GD 150 series 295RL floor creeks when walking past the kitchen island. Has anyone experienced floor creaking, if so what did you do to eliminate the creaking?
          In my case the answer would be to loose weight

But i jest

Could your creek be coming from the inland base in contact with the floor? Not sure how to find the source as I believe the floor fasteners are hidden. You would need a second person to listen while you walk by.

Something to try - get a package of wood shims and try lightly inserting them between the island frame and the floor to see i the creaking noise changes.Don't put them too deep as you will want to be able to remove them. If the shims work I guess you could permanently install, or find out how to access the base screws and tighten them.

Something to try.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Several things come to mind:
            1 - is it the floor to sub-frame
            2 - is it floor to island
            3 - is it plumbing to floor or island

For the 3rd you may need to figure out where the plumbing comes up inside the island and see if any of the lines are touching and rubbing on anything.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X