Replacing original TV mount in 2021 Reflection 340RDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing original TV mount in 2021 Reflection 340RDS

I am wanting to replace the original TV mount on the rear wall of the 340RDS with a better TV mount. I am guessing that there is some structural wall plate that the original TV mount is attached to, but what size screws should I limit myself with on the new TV mount? I guess that I could just remove the existing screws but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this modification?

Originally posted by mtcook View Post
    I am wanting to replace the original TV mount on the rear wall of the 340RDS with a better TV mount. I am guessing that there is some structural wall plate that the original TV mount is attached to, but what size screws should I limit myself with on the new TV mount? I guess that I could just remove the existing screws but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this modification?
    Welcome to the Grand Design Owners' (Technical) Forum, mtcook. Since that was your first post, please take a moment and read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your question: when I replaced the mount in my 315RLTS I used the same screws. I don't remember what length they were, but it will be obvious. The backer is just a piece of wood.

Below is a picture of the backer in the bedroom. What you're seeing is the reflection using an inspection mirror (outlined in red). The backer is not that thick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	50733

I suspect (don't know) that the backer in the living room is similar.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard - Thanks for the response and the picture! That appears to be approximately 1/2" plywood?

Comment

Originally posted by mtcook View Post
        Howard - Thanks for the response and the picture! That appears to be approximately 1/2" plywood?
        Any guess would be just that...sorry...I have no idea exactly how thick it is.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X