Screen door grab handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen door grab handle

What is a good handle for across my screen door, I have seen these on several rigs. Are they worth it?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Dennis66

I installed a Camco Screen Door Cross Bar (google it and you'll find multiple references from many retailers). FYI, Lippert's "Screen Shot" is different. It's a self-closer device for the screen door, not a grab handle.

Is the Camco worth it? I'd definitely install it again. The DW and I use it every time we go to close the door (from inside) or open the door as it gives us something to push against.

Installation is not hard, but pay attention to the directions and "measure twice..." before installing the hardware.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dennis let me know how the install goes. thinking about this, but not certain b/c of the steps.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Dennis66

I installed a Camco Screen Door Cross Bar (google it and you'll find multiple references from many retailers). FYI, Lippert's "Screen Shot" is different. It's a self-closer device for the screen door, not a grab handle.

Is the Camco worth it? I'd definitely install it again. The DW and I use it every time we go to close the door (from inside) or open the door as it gives us something to push against.

Installation is not hard, but pay attention to the directions and "measure twice..." before installing the hardware.

Howard
        We have the Camco too. Works nicely. Just make sure and resist the temptation to use it as an aid for climbing the steps into the coach. Grab handle is on our left but sometimes it's tempting to grab that screen door handle since it's right there staring at ya. Same goes for closing the entire door. I use the camco handle to swing the door/screen door toward me but then transfer to the main door handle to pull the door closed.

Terry
        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Camco, again... without it there is little to hold when opening/closing the door. I added a second bar a little lower which makes it easier to grab (the door) from grade on entry. I have no issue with folding step clearance, but best to "dry fit" first.
          Mike & Sonya
          2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
          Blue Ox SwayPro
          2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Thanks all, yes measure twice everything I do must be the engineer in me
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Would love to see pics of the install. Quote or mention me if you post pics please!
              2020 Imagine 2400BH
              2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

bellis

The two Camco bars I installed...

Mike & Sonya
                Blue Ox SwayPro
                2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post
                  Camco, again... without it there is little to hold when opening/closing the door. I added a second bar a little lower which makes it easier to grab (the door) from grade on entry. I have no issue with folding step clearance, but best to "dry fit" first.
                  I've heard over time the lifts for the folding step get a little slack in them and the steps can hit the screen door in transit. These would seem to have an added benefit of maybe stopping that.

Tom & Linda
                  Coach: 2021 Solitude 378MBS
                  Tow Vehicle: TBD
                  Georgetown ON Canada

Comment

Definitely check for clearance. With my 2600rb there was plenty of clearance and the handle could mount at any height. The new 337rls has slightly different stairs that don't have as much clearance. Because of that I had to mount the handle fairly high up. Not an ideal location but better than not having the grab handle.
                    Charles and Susan
                    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                    Andersen Hitch
                    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Good to know
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Well, started to install handle and any where on the left side the steps hit while holding the handle in place, not hard and I can shut screen door door. Do you think this will be a problem? One thing it will hold the steps from jiggling. I do have the handle up from opener about 6" from top of horizontal center of screen. Still deciding if I should go a head and install
                        2021 Reflection 303RLS
                        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I can't say if it will be a problem, or not. I had plenty of clearance on my install... might suggest since you already purchased the handle, go ahead with the install and see if the benefit of the handle outweighs the contact with the step. Worst case, remove the handle and fill the four small screw holes. No harm, no foul.
                          Mike & Sonya
                          Blue Ox SwayPro
                          2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                            What is a good handle for across my screen door, I have seen these on several rigs. Are they worth it?
                            just installed Camco 42183 RV Screen Door Cross Bar.
                            Simple install ….measure lots drill once.
                            makes it easy to close the screen door and the entry door when screen door is attached.
                            well worth the money. These should be standard equipment. Click image for larger version

Name:	4403792E-E393-48BD-BC48-5F246AA8898C.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	95883

About $30.00 Canadian at Canadian Tire.

coops
                            Cooper
                            2021 303RLS
                            2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

Cooper -- agree completely with the cross bar. I also recently installed Lippert's Screen Defender (my dog had damaged the pet screen my DW had installed!) and also Lippert's Screen Shot. Now that they are installed I wonder why I waited so long to put them on...highly recommended!
                              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                              X