Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure Theater Seating

Hi,

The theater seats are free floating after my last dealer trip months ago when they repaired speaker housing. I can’t find where the were secured and want to fix. Is it safe to drill and screw them in?

I was going to use stainless screws.

Thanks for your help.

Jon
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2018 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW

Jon, Mine were secured by two long screws through the frame right behind the LED light strips.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Jon

Make sure not to use too long of screws , the floor of the slide is only 3/4" or 1" thick and I would not drill thru.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Bupboy
        Hi Jon,

After you screw them down, carefully inspect the underside of the slide before pulling it in the first time to make sure that the screws did not come through the slide floor. A screw tip extending through the slide floor will tear the main floor vinyl when the slide is retracted.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks everyone...I will be onboard later today and check it out...carefully!

Jon
          Jon
          2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Hi Jon,

I had the same problem after our grandchildren had a little too much enthusiasm on our trip.

The two recliners are held only by two screws just aft of the front frame. However, if you extend the recliner, you can use a socket and extension to install screws on two holes near the rear of the side frames.

I purchased larger diameter screws with hex heads (same length as the front screws) at Home Depot, drilled pilot holes through the plastic base (about 3/4 inch) and used the socket to fasten down the rear.

Remove both recliners and do the far unit first. Be sure to place the brackets for the midsection and the second recliner in the right place before screwing down the rear of the other recliner.

Mine are now solid. The new screws do not extend past the bottom of the slide. i think Grand Design should surely use stronger front and back screws during the build process!

Best,

Charles
            2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Thanks Charles. This is very helpful. I was onboard today looking carefully before drilling any holes! Could you take a picture of where you mounted the screws? I do not have the original screws, so I am a little concerned that I get it right.

Best,

Jon

Jon
              2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Pictures. Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair1.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	51751Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair2.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	51752Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair3.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	51753Click image for larger version

Name:	Chair4.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	51754

Comment

Excellent! Thanks Charles.
                  Jon
                  2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Bupboy

The pictures above show 1-1/2" long screws , these may be too long for the flooring in the slide. I believe the slide floor is only 3/4" thick.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I do not have the front screws out now, but check them and match their length. Remember, the frame is above the floor with a space between the frame and the floor.

Comment

I did find the Grand Design screws. They are 1 1/2 inch. I think the slide has the lino, a layer of plastic, the plywood and a base board, but perhaps the moderators who have watched the construction can confirm.

The base of the slide is clear. Click image for larger version

Name:	Solitude_Chair12.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	56250
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X