Dinette Cabinet Latches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinette Cabinet Latches

While I like the magnet latches that were included with our Imagine 2400BH, every time a leg (kids are the worst at this) pushed up against the door it moved the magnet to the open position (the door didn't swing wide open). Which of course made most of us push it again back to the closed magnetic position. My wife did not care for this....

So, for ~$2 I bought new cabinet latches at Lowe's and installed them directly above the magnetic cabinet latch. I took care on the door not to drill through the door (screw length maybe almost too long). I left the magnetic latch and now the doors are closed tightly shut and a push does not move the magnet to the open position. Leaving the magnet gives a little more resistance to opening (not any risk of that while travel I don't think even without) and I have no use for the magnetic latches and would have to store them. Did both sides of the Dinette and my wife is happy.

I didn't look close enough when at Lowe's; and grabbed 2 different types so my wife would have options. Unfortunately someone put the same one in the wrong drawer....so my options did not exist. I may have preferred the other option; it has a V that goes in between the 2 rollers....instead of a U shape that goes on the outside of the rollers. Both were just under $1 each. Oh well. Hopefully it will be an insignificant difference and there is probably little risk of injury or tearing up the latch....it's closed most of the time.

All things considered - this may be the cheapest upgrade/modification done to the trailer....but probably well worth it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellis; 04-21-2021, 07:26 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods
Working...
X