Bathroom Command Hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Command Hooks

So, we have a family of 5 (4 that camps) and if you follow any of my posts you have seen our Bathroom Towel Rack upgrade.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...itions-upgrade

That was purchased from the dealer/Grand Design so it would match the rig. I also moved the one that came with the rig so the towel would not hang down over the door knob from the inside. I did not want to buy another and put on the lower part of the door on the front. I just thought it was too much and would not look as nice. See pics in the above link to see what I mean.

I have been resisting command hooks or anything that "sticks" for some time. I just do not care for it. I struggle to see how it could be strong and/or last. But, with the above upgrade, that left a spot for 3 towels to hang and we have 4 people; not to mention my wife and daughter have these small microfiber hair towels/wraps?

So, my wife purchased command hooks in brushed nickel. I think we have $8 in each? Maybe that is expensive in the command hook/strip world....but Grand Design makes a nice looking product, everything else is brushed nickel and I would probably be even more against a plastic looking item. So, I installed these in the bathroom above the toilet and switch on the wall opposite of the bunk beds.

She went with double hooks to accommodate 2 head wraps and my wife's towel. We have not been camping since the upgrade and I am just hoping they hold up. My wife claims they are easy to remove but she also thinks they will stay stuck. All in all they look nice....let's just hope they hold up. If they do, we may get a single brushed nickel hook for a hand towel and get rid of the towel holder that sits on the counter.

Product link: https://www.walmart.com/grocery/ip/C...trip/527183952

Now if I can just figure out what to do for a toilet paper holder.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bellis; 05-17-2021, 05:46 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

The only issue with this is the "wall paper" that is adhered to the wall panel. If the wall paper comes loose from the panel board your towel holders may come down. With that said we have a few pictures that the wife has hung around the inside to add a little color ( I guess that is what you call it) and these are held up held up with some type of command strips that have been up for about 3 years now.

I think your hooks should be fine and they look great , if they hold up for a while I may add some in our bath.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yesterday I bought 3 brushed nickel command hooks to use as coat rack. Will install them this morning. Hopefully they will stay up. Each hook is supposed to be able to support 5 lbs.
      Charles and Susan
      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

...She went with double hooks to accommodate 2 head wraps and my wife's towel. We have not been camping since the upgrade and I am just hoping they hold up. My wife claims they are easy to remove but she also thinks they will stay stuck. All in all they look nice....let's just hope they hold up. If they do, we may get a single brushed nickel hook for a hand towel and get rid of the towel holder that sits on the counter.

Now if I can just figure out what to do for a toilet paper holder.....
        I purchased two of these same towel hooks (in brushed nickel) to install in the bathroom of our 2970RL. I could not get them to stick to the "wallpaper". I don't know if it was because of the moisture or what, but I used the moisture resistant sticky strips. Anyway, I put them up several times and they would hold a towel for a while, but then fall down. I finally ended up putting one of them on the end of the cabinet and it has stayed up ever since. I have used Command hooks on the wallpaper in other areas of the camper and have had not issues, but for some reason I could not get the towel hooks to adhere well enough in the bathroom.

I also used Command sticky strips to attach the toilet paper holder. The funny thing is, they have held up just fine in the bathroom. I think the issue with the towel hook was just too much weight.

As a side note, I have installed a command soap rack and bottle rack on the plastic shower wall and they have held up just fine.

Let us know how you make out.

Bob
        Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
        2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

how did you attach the toilet paper holder? Did you get a new TP holder with the command strips. We have not put our TP holder up yet, if they put the hinge side on the lower cabinet in bathroom we could of put it on the inside of the door
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I installed my hooks to make a coat rack of sorts. Only time will tell.
            Charles and Susan
            2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
            Andersen Hitch
            2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
              how did you attach the toilet paper holder? Did you get a new TP holder with the command strips. We have not put our TP holder up yet, if they put the hinge side on the lower cabinet in bathroom we could of put it on the inside of the door
              What I did, was use two command sticky strips on each half of the TP holder. As I recall, there is a metal plate that is designed to screw to the wall. I cleaned the wall surface with an alcohol wipe and I put the metal plate in the holder half. Then I put two of the sticky strips on the metal plate and stuck the holder half to the wall. The reason I used two strips was because one is not thick enough when you get the holder half on the metal plate. Anyway, I did both holder halves and then I let them sit for several days before I tried to put the roll holder into them. So far it has been up for over a year and has not fallen down. (knock on wood).

I just remembered one important detail. I did not use the TP holder that came with the trailer. I went and bought a cheap replacement at Lowe's, and that is what I put up. I think it cost me about $10. LOL!

Bob

P.S. I'm not sure what the part names are so I'm calling the part that sticks out from the wall the "holder half" since there are two of them. I am calling the spring loaded part that goes through the roll the "roll holder" and each end of the roll holder goes into one of the holder halfs.

I think this is the one that I installed....

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Sou...der/1000621329
              Last edited by RJAPCOK; 04-25-2021, 10:52 AM. Reason: added hyperlink to tp holder
              Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
              2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Thanks for the info, I think we will do something similar
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Well - these hooks have survived ~17 hours on the road and a full week of camping in South Carolina. They are still on despite use and haven't fallen down yet. /fingers crossed.

While I would prefer to screw something into something solid in the wall....I am not sure there is much to screw into in these walls...and certainly not solid (or at least what I am used to solid!) So, just reporting in - so far so good.
                  2020 Imagine 2400BH
                  2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

We have had good luck with these in our rig and plan to add a few more soon. We use outdoor hooks for our damp towels as I don't want damp against the wallboard. Nice job you have done with these.
                    Bill & Cindy
                    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                    SE Texas

Comment

Edited to add product link: https://www.walmart.com/grocery/ip/C...trip/527183952
                      2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X