Water damage, from where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water damage, from where?

Hello...hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum....

I have what I think is a water issue but I can't figure out from where. In the attached pictures you'll see some wavy-ness in the middle of the wall between the door and slide. As far as I can see the ceiling and roof don't show any signs of a leak. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and how best to diagnose and repair. I'm also wondering if its possible to get water damage from a seal being damaged from opening and closing the slide. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chris
    2018 GD Imagine 2950RL
    2014 F150 EcoBoost

It is certainly possible that water could migrate in past the slide seal, or the door frame for that matter. The only way that I can think of to prove this (and then be able to solve the problem) is to see if you can recreate it by spraying water at the different areas individually and looking for dampness at the inside wall location.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Until you find moisture it's hard to rule it a water leak. I have seen a couple of spots on previous units where the pretty layer of the paneling did just that.

To check for water leak, spray outside with soapy water solution (all the way around because we all know water never shows up on the inside close to where it came from) the using compressed air regulated down to about 20 psi, blow air at the seam between the door and the wall. In the mean time if you have an assistant on the outside, look for bubbles, if no assistant do small sections of about 6" then look on the outside for bubbles. Repeat as required. Do not forget to go DOWN the side you think may be leaking because water can travel up hill by capillary action (wicking) if the gap is small enough.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X