Adding Storage Under Your Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Storage Under Your Rig

Some items like ladders, flag poles and fishing poles are hard to store in my rig. While camping with Paul & Deb I shamelessly stole his idea of storing these items in tubes under the RV. The tube itself is a 5" vinyl fence post, and it's enclosed with fence post caps. They can be mounted with hardware you can find in any home improvement store.

I painted mine black to match the trim of my trailer. Check out the pictures which provide details on how I approached it.
    Last edited by howson; 12-02-2020, 09:08 AM.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

very nice. I did a similar thing with fence post. I only store the sewer hose in it, so I just use a cotter pin to keep it closed.

Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

I did this last year for a 6’ folding ladder and it works great! Nice mod!
      Vince and Peg with Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
      2018 Imagine 2600 RB
      2017 Chevy Suburban Premier edition w/max tow package

Comment

TucsonJim Where does the fence post come from? Lowes as well?
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          TucsonJim Where does the fence post come from? Lowes as well?
          That's where I got mine. As noted in this thread, total copy of Jim's work. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...-storage-tubes
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X