Bathroom Hand Towel Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Hand Towel Holder

Well, for those of you who are following the saga of to stick or to screw it in....I lost big tonight. My wife purchased the following:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVDH1DX...roduct_details

Note: This is not a command strip. It came with adhesive and a form of liquid nail. I hope it works AND doesn't somehow rip the wall or wall paper/paneling clean off. Because, if it comes off....it is going to be bad.

Having said that, it looks nice, it is brushed nickel which will match the rest of the rig....and the hand towel won't be on the counter anymore. See below for before and after pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by howson; 05-26-2021, 07:38 AM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Originally posted by bellis View Post
    Well, for those of you who are following the saga of to stick or to screw it in....I lost big tonight. My wife purchased the following:

Note: This is not a command strip. It came with adhesive and a form of liquid nail. I hope it works AND doesn't somehow rip the wall or wall paper/paneling clean off. Because, if it comes off....it is going to be bad.

Having said that, it looks nice, it is brushed nickel which will match the rest of the rig....and the hand towel won't be on the counter anymore. See below for before and after pictures.
    Looks Good! Let us know how it works out!

Bob
    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

Looks great. If it does fail it will probably just pull the paper of the Lulan paneling. I mounted screw in type rings and used Toggler thin wall mounts to hold them to the wall. Same for the TP holder and another towel bar - 3 years and no issues. I got them to work on an outside wall to - a little tougher to work in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0031s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	54434

Hope this helps
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

From the Command Strip website FAQs https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/com...ntact-us/faqs/

Can I use Command products on wallpaper?
        No. Most wallpapers are too delicate and can tear when adhesives are applied

The command strips will likely stay bonded to the wallpaper in your RV, but you are now depending on the glue between the wallpaper and the luan ply underneath, to hold your hand towel and bracket.

A much discussed issue a long time ago on a previous forum, with several owners reporting torn wallpaper.

Rob

Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Looks great. If it does fail it will probably just pull the paper of the Lulan paneling. I mounted screw in type rings and used Toggler thin wall mounts to hold them to the wall. Same for the TP holder and another towel bar - 3 years and no issues. I got them to work on an outside wall to - a little tougher to work in.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0031s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	54434

Hope this helps
          Well - I just had to toggle bolt the paper towel holder....so maybe that is where this will end up.

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          From the Command Strip website FAQs https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/com...ntact-us/faqs/

Can I use Command products on wallpaper?
          No. Most wallpapers are too delicate and can tear when adhesives are applied

The command strips will likely stay bonded to the wallpaper in your RV, but you are now depending on the glue between the wallpaper and the luan ply underneath, to hold your hand towel and bracket.

A much discussed issue a long time ago on a previous forum, with several owners reporting torn wallpaper.

Rob
          Well - if the paper tears; that will be awful....but maybe the war of adhesive vs screw in will shift and my wife will completely move away from the adhesives....gah that's a bad way to win though....it's like a little lose lose.

Will let everyone know how it holds up.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH
          2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
          X