351M Basement modifcation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351M Basement modifcation

I wasn't pleased with the way the basement wall was setup in the basement. The angled wall used up a lot of real estate. All I did was straighten out the wall and added one to come out and then another back to the water panel. When I get around to fixing the pex (still waiting for Cate&Rob to escape Candaland ) and I can then add another panel to the long wall. For now, I have 49" from the street side panel to the edge of plastic tray on the curb side. This will allow me to get a Morryde 20x49 slide out tray in there.

Before:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210522_181804958.MP.jpg Views:	17 Size:	152.1 KB ID:	54996

After:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210523_193307887.MP.jpg Views:	13 Size:	214.9 KB ID:	54997
    Last edited by howson; 05-24-2021, 07:00 PM. Reason: Added modification tag
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

OffToHavasu
    Wow--that looks great, Curtis.

May I offer a constructive suggestion? Replace the OEM battery cutoff with a Blue Sea (or equivalent). That big 'ol key sticking out sucks up a lot of space. Would be even better if the new cutoff could be moved back in the narrow space near the far passthru door (same wall, just further away from the camera). That would leave the large space close to the camera wide open.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson - Thanks.

Good idea. I'm making baby steps on the mods so keep from getting yelled at, especially since the next mods will be a little more costly; add the RV air flow to all 3 units and the Morryde pin box. Of course, these are for the wife's benefit so I get to slide on them a little more.

Next will be disc brakes and then lithium. I would really like to do IS but I don't see making to IN any time soon and I'm stubborn about paying the ungodly mark up to have it down out here.
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
        howson - Thanks.

Good idea. I'm making baby steps on the mods so keep from getting yelled at, especially since the next mods will be a little more costly; add the RV air flow to all 3 units and the Morryde pin box. Of course, these are for the wife's benefit so I get to slide on them a little more.

Next will be disc brakes and then lithium. I would really like to do IS but I don't see making to IN any time soon and I'm stubborn about paying the ungodly mark up to have it down out here.
        Do you have Coleman-Mach A/C units on your trailer? (RV Airflow apparently is now making a kit for the Dometic so I can't "assume".)

If you do, don't make the mistake I did by tossing all the internals that are removed with the installation of the Airflow kit. Keep at least one set so if you want to restore the "dump" capability in an A/C unit (especially the bedroom--a nice capability when on limited power) you can do so.

If RV Airflow could modify their device to retain the dump capability it would be the ultimate solution.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

howson I have 3 15 Mach units. As promised, if you still need some innards, you're welcome to one I have left over. I'm pretty certain we'll never use the dumps in the garage or the main living area, and we have yet to use it in the bedroom. In fact, we get annoyed at the slight whistle that comes out of it when another unit is running.
          2020 Momentum 351M
          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            OffToHavasu
            Wow--that looks great, Curtis.

May I offer a constructive suggestion? Replace the OEM battery cutoff with a Blue Sea (or equivalent). That big 'ol key sticking out sucks up a lot of space. Would be even better if the new cutoff could be moved back in the narrow space near the far passthru door (same wall, just further away from the camera). That would leave the large space close to the camera wide open.
            What blue sea cut off switch is the right one? There are so many!

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lobster poutine View Post
              What blue sea cut off switch is the right one?
              "Right one"? Depends on the purpose and circuit. May I assume to replace the OEM cutoff switch? If that's your purpose the 9003E should be fine. That's the model AMSolar uses and sells with their kits (and what I have in my system).

https://www.bluesea.com/products/900...Battery_Switch

There may be perfectly suitable alternatives that cost less (I'm not a switch expert just a satisfied Blue Sea consumer).

Click image for larger version

Name:	9003E.JPG
Views:	508
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	58388

Comment

Did the same to my 260RD - what a difference in available and much more useable space!
                2021 Reflection 260RD - 2008 Chevorlet Silverado 2500 Duramax

Comment

Working...
                X