Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOD: Mood lighting/slideout fascia--Yet another use for led light strips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: Mood lighting/slideout fascia--Yet another use for led light strips!

Often one of us will retire for the evening earlier than the other. This meant either having a pitch black bedroom, or leaving on a non-dimmable reading light on. Taking a cue from GD, which is very good at accent lighting and very anti-dimmer switch, I found a 13 foot usb color changing light strip with inline switch (no remote to misplace/lose) on Amazon for about $20. I applied this around the perimeter of the bedroom slide fascia. It was enough length to encircle the fascia from waist high on one side to the other. I also found a usb rocker switch, which I plugged the light strip into (for ease of use). That plugged into the bedside usb port on the wall. There is enough length of power cord that the slide moves freely, but not so much as to get caught in the mechanism when extending the slide. Pictures attached. There was enough brightness that we actually had to dim them somewhat. Now instead of a glaring light, there is a soft glow. Enough to not trip over something on the floor, which was the point. Click image for larger version  Name:	lit up.jpg Views:	6 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	55919Click image for larger version  Name:	inline usb switch.jpg Views:	5 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	55920
    Last edited by howson; 05-30-2021, 07:32 PM.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

DarnDave -- awesome! Adding to the Modification List.

Since there will be readers of your thread interested in LED strip lighting I'd like to mention a Wi-Fi / Bluetooth version. (Who knew?) When I was messing with my GoVee Water Sensors and discovering they were "smart" (via a WiFi Gateway) I also discovered on GoVee's website they have lights that connect through their Gateway, too.

Lots of stuff on their website--below is just one as an example.

https://us.govee.com/products/rgbic-...d-strip-lights

Click image for larger version

Name:	Govee.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	55922
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard!!
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

I put a set of Govee waterproof lights under my camper - these are awesome

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PDF9K2C...X64C6N8V4J7NGP
        Last edited by openrangeowners; 05-30-2021, 08:26 PM.
        2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
        1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
        2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Working...
        X