Bathroom door no longer closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom door no longer closes

2021 Imagine 2600RB. The bathroom door no longer closes all the way. It stops about 2/3 to 3/4 closed. It’s totally jammed at that point. Swinging the door out of plumb does not make a difference. I spotted some parts on the rollers that I can see that swivel but I don’t know which way they are supposed to be. The door worked fine until this latest trip.

Originally posted by Ralindon View Post
    2021 Imagine 2600RB. The bathroom door no longer closes all the way. It stops about 2/3 to 3/4 closed. It’s totally jammed at that point. Swinging the door out of plumb does not make a difference. I spotted some parts on the rollers that I can see that swivel but I don’t know which way they are supposed to be. The door worked fine until this latest trip.
    There is a trim board at the top of the door than covers the top rollers and track. You can remove this board with a few screws to take a look at what is going on. There are tabs that lock in the rollers to the door where they may not be assembled properly.

Jim

Comment

I agree with Jim. When we brought our 2021 2600RB home from the dealer both the bedroom and the bathroom doors had issues. Removing the top trim piece revealed a couple of the rollers had pulled loose from the door in the bed room and the bathroom door was free of three of the rollers. There were two issues that created this problem I believe, 1, the door guide on the bottom had come apart allowing the door to swing on the bungee fastener. 2, the latches that hold the rollers to the door were not properly locked in and the pins had come free of the bracket on the door. There were also two brackets with the screws pulled from the door and one of the stop/limit screws was broken off.

There is a thread here, that I do not seem to be able to find this morning, could just be me, that details a series of three fix's, each found by separate folks, that have worked out very well for me on these doors. In summary they are, 1. a rubber or cork bumper for the stop screws, 2 a great little bottom roller/guide 3, a slide latch for the top of the door that I installed to hold the door instead of the bungee that is still used as back-up. These all have pics if I could find the thread. Hope this helps. Try using the search function to find these fix's. I thought it was under alternate barn door fix. None of the fix's are expensive but do take a little time. Good luck.

Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralindon View Post
        It is difficult to trouble shoot without knowing exactly where your door is binding up or if it is hitting something. Is the bottom of the door hitting the floor? If not then look at the top track and be sure one of the VERY FEW screws holding the track to the top board have not backed out. If a screw comes out then it would obviously stop the door roller from moving all the way. It's not a complicated system so it should be pretty easy to identify where it is binding and then determine what is causing the binding.

I had to make a minor adjustment ot our top track to close-up the gap between the door and the door jamb. Without the adjustment it was pretty much a wide-open view into the bathroom with the door closed.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Ralindon Welcome to the family and the technical forum! The moderators have taken the time to create a sticky topic to help new members navigate the various functions of the site and get the most from their time here. You can find the page @ https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Hi -
            I have a 2021 2600RB Imagine, and am having the same sliding door issues on both the Bathroom and Bedroom, too.
            I can read these threads, and feel I know what I need to do. But I wanted to add this comment so if the folks at Grand Design monitor these threads, they can get a feel for how their trailers are holding up on the actual open road.

Thanks for the help

Grand Design-Imagine
            2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

Comment

The sliding barn-style doors on our 2021 2600RB have been a real problem on every trip so far. Issues include broken bottom retaining brackets, broken end-stop, and door coming off track. After multiple fixes that appeared to be successful, the elastic band finally broke and the door completely fell off during our last trip. The top screws were pulled from the door itself and the door was found lodged between the bed and the walls. The top rollers brackets were damaged as well.

Since we were on a long trip, I removed the door completely and am looking for an accordian style door to replace it with. These doors are way too heavy and not secure enough for this application. I hope that Grand Design will look for a more robust solution.

Any suggestions on an accordian style door that may work??

Comment

Seymour DuMoore The barn doors on our 2600RB were problematic to begin with then we made some easy mods that really work, see the thread "alternative barn door fix". These 3 improvements were created by 3 different folks and combined they create a great fix. We currently have an issue with the bathroom door not closing all the way without some jiggling around. The problem was our fault due to not securing the door prior to travel. If I could just fix my memory all would be good. Refer to my earlier post above for more info.

Dave
                flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

flyfshrockies Dave, Get a velcro cable management strap (or multiple) and put things on them that you want to check before departure (antennae were the biggest thing in the old days). The velcro straps go around the steering wheel and as you check things, remove the strap.

Quick search on amazon came back with these: https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-RVmind...07731080&psc=1
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!
                    Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We use slide locks at each door opening at the floor while traveling. There is no possible way for any door motion while the slide locks are in place. Second benefit is to use the slide locks for the schwintek slide should it malfunction and I need to pull a motor. Situate the slide lock on the door jamb on one side and straddle the door jamb and the door at the other side and the door will be immovable.

https://www.amazon.com/RV-SLIDE-OUT-...38511255&psc=1

Jim

Comment

Jlawles2 Thanks for the good idea. I do have a check list that is used, for the most part, generally attached to the vehicle keys by a clip. The latest issue was caused due to the back of my mind thought that I was just moving a few miles from the r.v. park to our new home. It was one of those body in gear mind disengaged tings. I learned the value of check lists of all kinds in aviation where it was very important to have everything covered and not forgotten in the high volume rush of things during certain phases of operation.

Dave

Comment

flyfshrockies In my short time thus far on earth, I have learned one very valuable thing. Regardless of what you think, it can and will change or be different than you planned or remember. Every time I think like that, it cost me time and money to fix what gets broken.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 Agreed. The most insidious thing I have found is expectation error.

Dave

Comment

Update: Pretty sure the bathroom door issue related to it not being properly stowed during the trip. (Owner error!) One of the support rods was slightly bent. I was able to get it straightened enough to close without having to remove anything. Also, my wife had the great idea to completely remove the bedroom door since it’s just the two of us almost all the time. I took off the trim piece, unscrewed the entire slider assembly (to avoid bending it when the door was still attached, which I supported from the bottom). When the track was completely detached, I slid the door off the track, then reinstalled the track and the trim. This gave us a couple more inches of space in the bedroom but it feels like so much more. Eventually I will swap out the bent part from the bathroom door for a good one from the bedroom door and all will be well.

Comment

Working...
                              X